What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Yesterday... serviced my headset, put my fork back on after a service, set my rear wheel up with Stans tape and put my tyre back on.

Today... gave it a wash and lube ready for tomorrow's race practice. :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I rode my new glory at ourimbah. Very happy with the build.

Found this in the car park where all the xc guys meet and hang out. WTF goes on there? View attachment

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 177

Klips

Likes Dirt
Rode a friend's Scale 910. Having never ridden a hardtail at Stromlo, nor spent much time at all on a 29er, I now know why I lose XC stuff on my Sight. I also realised I need to stop being a pussy on my trail bike, as I was a second faster on double dissolution today than ever before, despite having lower volume tyres and everything else.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Helped a mate from work choose a new mountain bike. Essentially his first bike, bought with the intent of getting into mountain biking, but not wanting to spend mega bucks in case he doesn't. Also has no real idea of what to look for or tell the difference between all the variations.

The budget was around a grand, which I stretched a bit. And I decided a hard tail should be the go as a) you can't get anything decent in a dually for those dollars, and b) everyone should learn on a hard tail - helps make you a better rider.

Ended up pointing him at a Giant XTC 27.5 2, 2014 model. Cracking value at $1300 even. Rebas, SLX shadow plus on a Deore 2x10 drivetrain, through axles on both ends. Pretty slick frame too I think. Only weak point was the non-series Deore brakes.

Made (polity suggested) him buy some shoes, so he spent this afternoon surprisingly not falling over getting used to clip less. We'll take him around Stromlo tomorrow and see how he likes it all.

Hopefully I've helped another one join the fold!!

maxpowers

Likes Bikes
Coupla laps of the new Wylde mtb track....def worth the trip out, would certainly recommend it.
Hi mate,

I was at Wylde today too with a few mates too. But one questions with all the great facilities, tables, chairs, bike wash, where are the toilets?

Anyways my point is that it was a great ride.

Dan.

Kojarena

Likes Bikes
Hi mate,

I was at Wylde today too with a few mates too. But one questions with all the great facilities, tables, chairs, bike wash, where are the toilets?

Anyways my point is that it was a great ride.

Dan.
I'll be sure to go before I go... what time does this place open on a weekend? Thinking of heading there early tomorrow for a couple of laps (like 630am early...)