What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Over the long weekend, cleaned the bike, nicely tuned my RD and went for a sweet smooth changing ride and got it all dirty again. I do like the 1x10 with shadow+ now.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Fitted some new answer pro taper carbon bars. Pretty stoked on the initial ride feel and how natural it feels at 720mm vs the 680mm I've been riding (which was a step up from the GULP 580mm I had on my old bike)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362476148.489157.jpg old bars

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362476175.176505.jpg new bars

selfie ;)

Tap tap taparoo

Attachments

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Purchased in the last week

Ritchey carbon top cap for headset ONLINE
SRAM frame protector cable rubber thingys ONLINE
Prologo saddle ONLINE
Zipp seatpost ONLINE
Schwalbe tyres ONLINE
New tubes LBS
Dura Ace chain LBS
Dura ace gear cables LBS
Lube LBS
Ordered and paid for some Roeckl gloves LBS
New light (Warranty repair) LBS
Giant saddle LBS
Deraiileur Hanger ONLINE

Camdyson

Likes Bikes
Swapped my hardtail tyres to slicks, locked forks, dropped and flipped stem, added bidon cage, Added bar ends and gave everything a tweak. Riding up Baw Baw on the weekend and I'll never do it on my 39x27 roadie :dance:

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wrapped it in bubble wrap, put it in a box and sent it to NSW :Cry:

It's ok though... all ready have a new one!

frostty74

Likes Dirt
Shock is in getting rebuilt so I thought I'd take the time to put my new stem on. I replaced the stock Truvativ T20 with a 50mm Straitline that I picked up on sale at my lbs. I pick my shock up tomoz, so can't wait to ride this weekend.

Attachments

moorey

call me Mia
Rode it in the dark for a couple of hours, then to work on it.
Photographed other bike for splitting and selling.....I'm sure I'll regret it when pedalling my AM trail bike aroung the XC races...:noidea:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow that carnage above is terrible, but to a bike fanatic at least a good excuse to buy new bits :)

Today I rode my new bike to work again, then this arvo changed the wheels for the ones on the old bike which I thought were better. Why o' why is there always at least one rotor bolt that rounds out and has to be drilled!

I think this is pretty much it, changed the stem and bar for what I had on the other bike as well, I like the handling so much better with a short stem even if I am mostly just riding to work.

apollo.jpg

Don't really mind the Dart2 either, seems to do the job for riding to work, wouldn't be as great if I got to do more offroad stuff these days I guess and having had a Tora and Pike in the past I know what nicer forks are like. Unfortunately Hubby said I'm not allowed to change anything (he he I changed the wheels out from other bike as soon as he went away to work :) I think that's allowed), and he did say no swapsies of stuff on RBRN :( ........ oh well I'm stoked with that thing in the picture above and the fact I got to buy a new bike (he got one the same too, and I won't be changing parts on his :D )!

I think this time I will fight temptation and keep all the gears rather than going straight to 1 x 9 (where I live now is pretty flat) however it's mighty tempting to remove the remote lockout cable, not sure I see the need for it even if I don't do much offroad riding. Besides a coil sprung fork like the Dart is hardly energy sapping/

Last edited: