What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

DJR

Likes Dirt
Finally got round to shortening my XT brake hose, was about 90mm too long, no need to bleed, nice! That'd been like that for 12 months...

Travel on the sweep back to 150mm from 140, I can't make up my mind, and thredbo is soon. Might end up at 160 that weekend but 150 is plenty for the trance ...

Took out the rear linkage bolts, lubed them all up and cleaned + lubed the monarch plus's air can. Rear end feels nicely squishy now. Couple of bearings looks like they need replacement sometime soon, but OK for now.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Rode Sparrow - first time on the bike in a week, bit of a man flu last week. Coughed up a lot of crap and was slow...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Sparrow is great.

Today we were heading home from Swan Hill and got a bit lost trying to avoid Bendigo… anyway while cutting down a side street I was first to spot the dude on an actual real mountain bike, then we both spotted the abundant single track. The Darl fired up Strava Segment Explorer and it was singletrack city. Hit the picks, did a u-ey and we had an excellent 1hr50mins on the bikes. Fast flowy shaley and sketchy… and enough downs to offset the ups. Great track.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Sparrow is great.

Today we were heading home from Swan Hill and got a bit lost trying to avoid Bendigo… anyway while cutting down a side street I was first to spot the dude on an actual real mountain bike, then we both spotted the abundant single track. The Darl fired up Strava Segment Explorer and it was singletrack city. Hit the picks, did a u-ey and we had an excellent 1hr50mins on the bikes. Fast flowy shaley and sketchy… and enough downs to offset the ups. Great track.
I'm confused. Where was this single track? Swan Hill? You mean to tell me you found a gradient as well?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I'm confused. Where was this single track? Swan Hill? You mean to tell me you found a gradient as well?
Na, Swan Hill is hill free.

The singletrack we rode was near Edwards Road, Maiden Gully... a north western suburb of Bendigo... Strava said it was called the Goat Track.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Quick spin at Lysty.

Hug, Upper Blair Witch and Snipe.

A session at the skills park to reaffirm that I have very few.

And back up to the top carpark in the opposite direction.

Great day for it and all done on 26" wheels. Fun times.

betadine

Likes Bikes
Longer pike

Today I put a new air shaft in my Sb5's pike to go from 140mm to 150mm. Have a wheel being re-laced so will have to wait a day or two to test it out.

Z

Zaf

Went for a ride tonight and we came across this little fella. Just a random little trail dog who wouldn't stop running with us.
Ended up turning around and heading home so we didn't make the poor little guy's heart explode; I even carried him for a bit down the goat trail when his little legs started shaking and he'd slowed down. Clint behind me laughing his head of a wagging tail as we rolled on down out little tunnel of light.

Not sure who's dog he is, but the little guy loved it!

Cheers for the good times trail buddy!!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The Darl met me at Lysty with our bikes after I knocked off work… we did a crisp lap, then had a carlton draught and a bbq with my middle daughter and her man, who had come for a swim… and watched a beautiful sunset. Could be worse.