What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Re Neutron/Horizon i'd personally be skipping both and going with Hunts. I've not heard the greatest things about the hubs in the Nukeproofs whereas the Hunt (Novatech?) seem to be a better bet & have better engagement anyway. The wheelset I have (XC Wide) has been faultless, and has taken more abuse than they're probably intended for.
I went with the Neutrons as they were cheap and I could get Boost 141 end caps for them, along with them being starter wheels for a future build. Couldn't do that with the Hunts, as they confirmed by email.
I don't ride often or hard enough to trash them so they should do me fine.

Night shuttles at Kalamunda tonight. No one in the history of mountain biking has hit more poor lines than I did tonight. Several offs but no real crashes.
Incorrect. I often hit some shocker lines during the day down from the top back to Black Stump via Goldilocks, Muffin Tops and Horny Devil and quite often have some slow speed offs due to terrible line choice.

mtb1611

Seymour
Cruisy ride at Camden with a couple of mates. Trail in good form but still very slippery after recent rain, and trailside foliage is the thickest I've ever seen it, to the point where it's difficult to see the trail in some places. A bit io impromptu trail maintenance too, as we managed to clear a recently downed tree and clear the trail of debris. Great ride.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

tobbogonist

a registered member
I'm inclined to as well ;)
I got the horizons about 2 years ago for my hardtail. Definately noticed a difference from the stock wheelset. Bearings needed to be replaced early last year, easy enough to fix but something to keep in mind.
If i did it again i'd repack the hubs before I installed them, was not a lot of slippery stuff left in there when I opened them up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cruisy ride at Camden with a couple of mates. Trail in good form but still very slippery after recent rain, and trailside foliage is the thickest I've ever seen it, to the point where it's difficult to see the trail in some places. A bit io impromptu trail maintenance too, as we managed to clear a recently downed tree and clear the trail of debris. Great ride.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
How are going adjusting to the size of this?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
XLR8 Performance Bicycle Wheels

Josh knows his stuff. There's a high chance you'll get better wheels for your spend. He'll happily have a chat and steer you in the right direction.
I like the look of this outfit, thanks for posting. My current wheels were custom built, they came from Drift in Newcastle but not sure if they built them, have been incredibly solid, I'd definitely go custom wheels again.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Took the Torrent on a proper trail ride yesterday. A loop of Currawong Falls. Been twenty years since I did that on a hardtail, and I swear it's rougher than it used to be.

The climb up was sweet compared to the Sight, as expected. Deore drive train lives up to the hype. Shifting is crisp, smooth and consistent up and down the full range of the cassette.

The 'affordably-priced' Tektro 4-piston brakes surprised the hell out of me. Not the best feeling brake, but they have all the stopping power I need. They'll do for now, anyway.

The cheap coil fork has to go. I'm a heavier rider, and it's just not working for me. So I went ahead and ordered a Cane Creek Helm Air Mk II.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Cruisy ride at Camden with a couple of mates. Trail in good form but still very slippery after recent rain, and trailside foliage is the thickest I've ever seen it, to the point where it's difficult to see the trail in some places.
From my very limited time at Camden, one of those evil river vines snared the end of my handlebars and made an interesting unplanned dismount.
Great place for ride though.

Minlak

custom titis
Took the Torrent on a proper trail ride yesterday. A loop of Currawong Falls. Been twenty years since I did that on a hardtail, and I swear it's rougher than it used to be.

The climb up was sweet compared to the Sight, as expected. Deore drive train lives up to the hype. Shifting is crisp, smooth and consistent up and down the full range of the cassette.

The 'affordably-priced' Tektro 4-piston brakes surprised the hell out of me. Not the best feeling brake, but they have all the stopping power I need. They'll do for now, anyway.

The cheap coil fork has to go. I'm a heavier rider, and it's just not working for me. So I went ahead and ordered a Cane Creek Helm Air Mk II.
I’m a bit of a masochist when it comes to hardtails - simply love the roughness of the rear - don’t use a dropper either so it really pounds my arse