what bike/size should i get?

dupes

Squid
What bike and what size should i get? i'm 170cm tall and about 60kg dripping wet.
right now i ride a 08 a-line park in a medium but i think it's too big for me and too heavy as well, it takes alot of effort for me to throw it around. i do how ever like the length and bb height, but i guess i could get use to some thing shorter. i've ridden a mates sunday but didn't like the bb height.
let me know what you think
cheers

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you like the length, dont get a smaller bike. better off with osmething you like the feel of. at 170cm, depending on the bike you could prb get a small or medium.

to move the bike around you need a light bike most importantly, especially as you weigh the same as a prawn. find something light as, you will love it

GravityJockey

Likes Bikes
Lighter A-line ?

I'm guessing the frame is about right because you like the length and the BB height. It's about the right size for someone of your height.

So really you just want something lighter so you can throw it around more i'm guessing ?

Options then are a new bike or make the one you got better by putting on lighter parts. Since you like what you got other than the weight i suggest some lighter parts. Now depend on your age ? are you going to get bigger/ heavier ? and what type of riding you do the most ? Trails riding, XC racing ? Freeride Downhill ? Dirt Jumping ? Now an A-line is a Freeride Light DH rig... so is that what you are doing with it ? have a look at what your mates and what other people are doing with their bikes. Secondly what kind of budget do you have to play with ? cause new wheels will lighten your bike but aren't cheap.

dupes

Squid
I'm guessing the frame is about right because you like the length and the BB height. It's about the right size for someone of your height.

So really you just want something lighter so you can throw it around more i'm guessing ?

Options then are a new bike or make the one you got better by putting on lighter parts. Since you like what you got other than the weight i suggest some lighter parts. Now depend on your age ? are you going to get bigger/ heavier ? and what type of riding you do the most ? Trails riding, XC racing ? Freeride Downhill ? Dirt Jumping ? Now an A-line is a Freeride Light DH rig... so is that what you are doing with it ? have a look at what your mates and what other people are doing with their bikes. Secondly what kind of budget do you have to play with ? cause new wheels will lighten your bike but aren't cheap.
all i ride is dh, mainly do shuttle runs. i'm 28 so probably won't get much bigger. all my mates went out and bought new sundays, they're nice light bikes but i found them not all that stable.
the budgets not that big now with a new house and a baby on the way, otherwise i would just get a new bike.

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the only thing i can think of to make the bike lighter is getting lighter wheels and possiblely a air rear shock like the 2009 norco team dh has.
Im about the same height as you but weight about 85kgs and find my norco A-line easy to move around it may be as i have 26kgs on you and i have a short bike