what and when to use certen tyres for XC

shnizza

Likes Dirt
hey guys
can you please give me some info on what tyre to use and in what conditions to use them when riding XC

thanks in advance

Last edited:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
May I direct you towards the XC Tyres sticky thread. It has 275 posts of tyre reviews, questions, answers and other assorted pearls of wisdom:

http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=50363

If you cannot be bothered reading the whole thing then you could perhaps give us some more information like what bike you ride, where you ride, what your looking for in a tyre etc.

Asking a question like "tell me everything you know about tyres" is not going to get you very far because its a very hard question to answer.

Failing all that you could have a look at www.mtbr.com which has enough tyre reviews to keep you occupied for a few hours.

Last edited:

axertes

Likes Dirt
That's a very general question. How about instead you tell us what sort of thing you're looking for. Where you ride, your style of riding etc.

Unless of course someone feels like writing a huge 'article-type' thing for Shnizza. I don't have the time or knowledge to do that.

Have you checked out the sticky at the top of the page? Inside there's a big, long and quite detailed XC tyres thread.

Edit: I went to reply to this, then went and did something else, and then came back, so people have pretty well answered haha.