What’s the riding style pecking order here…?

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Genuine CX I don't see the hate for. CX bikes skidding up regular tracks, or e-CX bikes with secret motors, yeah that's rage-worthy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Genuine CX I don't see the hate for. CX bikes skidding up regular tracks, or e-CX bikes with secret motors, yeah that's rage-worthy.
The serious pro stuff you see pics of looks like it absolutely shred the trails, especially in the wet. I feel that is irresponsible. Then there are the morons who want to live that at a local level...and their cheese cutter tyres just tearing up trail. I've had to rebuild 2 jumps a few times due to cx tyres cutting through them and rolling over. You can't roll them now jerks...which is annoying as it intimidates less adventurous riders.

If people want to ride on fire roads then sure cx and touring bikes can have a place, but that is road riding again.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The serious pro stuff you see pics of looks like it absolutely shred the trails, especially in the wet. I feel that is irresponsible. Then there are the morons who want to live that at a local level...and their cheese cutter tyres just tearing up trail. I've had to rebuild 2 jumps a few times due to cx tyres cutting through them and rolling over. You can't roll them now jerks...which is annoying as it intimidates less adventurous riders.

If people want to ride on fire roads then sure cx and touring bikes can have a place, but that is road riding again.
Gotta admit when I hear CX, I envisage actual CX on CX courses. Just like when people say XC/DH/whatever the bike is generally appropriate for the terrain.

If we're talking about inappropriate bikes for terrain, then sounds like CX bikes in regular folks' hands are up there with e-bikes.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Shit, I agree with you. What's wrong with me?

Riding in the mud & ripping up trails "because it's too wet to ride on the road" (believe me, I have heard that one!) is seriously fucked up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shit, I agree with you. What's wrong with me?

Riding in the mud & ripping up trails "because it's too wet to ride on the road" (believe me, I have heard that one!) is seriously fucked up.
You're seeing the light? It wasn't a shimano question? It's really hot but fucking windy in Victoria as well? I hate the hot-wind combo.

Or its just that cx bikes and trail don't mix, and common sense is common sense.

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
My local trails are a blast on my cx bike I have 40mm tires and it weighs in at 7kg. On my standard 50km loop I am much quicker on my cx bike than I am on my xc bike. Always fun passing people on MTBs on the flats and uphills. Definitely can't go ham on the downhills though.
Lycra for the win.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sure an ebike doubles chick pulling power but that may still not be enough... ebikes are still unable to create miracles..
I might buy two...and get a job as a flower ad chocolate delivery guy. Then I'll also need a life jacket.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
A kind gentleman let me ride his pedelec e-bike at youies 2 weeks ago, as long as it doesn't have a throttle I don't have issues with e-bikes.

But riding it blew my mind, riding uphill felt like riding downhill effort wise, I was very impressed. If the cost wasn't through the roof, I might be window shopping.