Well we all thought they would, but......

wingy

Likes Dirt
And do you think they'd do a single speed version?

Giant never have, have they?
They haven't done a SS version and I don't know if they will. One of Giants strategies seems to be to direct thier efforts towards the larger markets and for the time being geared bikes are the bigger end of the market. Also the tooling changes would add costs I guess so they wouldn't be able to maintain the value for money of the brand.
This is all just my speculation though, not fact. I would love a SS version of the XTC. It would be a heap of fun.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"accelerates with authority", that's how I want to ride! :)

Looks nice, they are spot on with beefing up the BB and head stem areas, will be interesting to see the weight of the frame. I'm pretty happy with my alu xtc 29, still if you're an on the edge racer would be ideal.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And I think this year, the STP got re-released in a SS (or at least SS compatible) version - maybe in the States?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
They haven't done a SS version and I don't know if they will. One of Giants strategies seems to be to direct thier efforts towards the larger markets and for the time being geared bikes are the bigger end of the market. Also the tooling changes would add costs I guess so they wouldn't be able to maintain the value for money of the brand.
This is all just my speculation though, not fact. I would love a SS version of the XTC. It would be a heap of fun.
I have seen giant XTC 26" SS at a bike shop in Tas.
They had a few. But not 29ers from the factory.