Weekend DH rides meet ups

Major

Likes Bikes
Hi all.
I've been following this forum for couple of weeks now and still haven't been able too arrange any ride with anyone. :(
So I've started this thread so that anyone can hook up for any DH trail ride. Or is just in similar position as I am (new in Melbourne, don't know anyone and any trails).
I am planing to go to Lysterfield for a ride in the morning (because i don't know for anything else, even this track wasn't that easy to find), but if someone is going to any different trails and has a spare place and wouldn't mind if I join, please, post it here.
I don't mind pushing up to the hill (at least I will get in shape quicker). :)
Cheers all

sedifus

Likes Dirt
Where abouts in Melbourne are you?
There's more than a couple groups of riders and more than likely one in your area it would be easy to hook up with.
Also get onto Facebook and look for downhill central and Maldon shuttle days along with club mud and the you Yang's club. I'd start there, attend a few events like king of Ballarat this weekend and meet people that way. I've never seen many rides organized here for dh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

redbruce

Eats Squid
Where abouts in Melbourne are you?
There's more than a couple groups of riders and more than likely one in your area it would be easy to hook up with.
Also get onto Facebook and look for downhill central and Maldon shuttle days along with club mud and the you Yang's club. I'd start there, attend a few events like king of Ballarat this weekend and meet people that way. I've never seen many rides organized here for dh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
All good info.

But really, what value is there for us in knowing: "Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2"

Major

Likes Bikes
@Sedifus - I am in Murrumbeena. I was researching web and there are plenty of info and plenty of them are old too.
I have found links and info about Youyangs, Kinglake, Meldon and others, but it's not just that I will sit in my car, do 100+ kms in one way to try to find trails in the bush. I had trouble finding Follow me in Lysterfield... :)

sedifus

Likes Dirt
Yeah tonnes of info on the web. While it doesn't take you to the trails it is still probably the best resource. Strava is also great. Load up the explore function on your phone and it'll show you where you are, where the trail is and any trails/roads to get there.

You Yangs is an easy trailhead to find. Head to the Drysdale Rd carpark. Map is here: http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/522975/Map-You-Yangs-RP.pdf and the map of the tracks is here: http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/314471/Stockyards-MTB-brochure.pdf Download for your phone if you're heading out or follow Strava. There's a race on track 13 21/22nd Sept which is great for beginners and you can meet a bunch of guys there for future rides. Other easy dh oriented tracks are 7 & 9, or for a small challenge 10 & 12. While the You Yangs isn't hugely challenging due to it's small hill it makes it easy enough to push up and lots of locals ride it regularly.

I mentioned Maldon as there are usually regular shuttle days there. Usually posted here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/145268065515647/ Next is September 8th.

Kinglake is easy to find and easy to shuttle too but not recommended for walking up. I'd meet some guys at races and ask to tag along next time they're going. Just on Bowden Spur Road under the power lines.

As mentioned your best bet is going to events, King of Ballarat tomorrow (plenty of info around - CLUB MUD), Victorian Downhill Series (facebook), Long Gully spring series or their shuttle days and shuttle days hosted elsewhere. Also join this group on facebook because, aside from the shit talk, lots of victorian news gets posted there.

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
Mate I run shuttles once a month. Come to healsville and say gday at the last round of the come on spring series. Everyone is so easy to get on with plus you will find who rides where. But like I said I run once a month with a 5 bike trailer and 3 bike rack if there is the numbers there.

East side of melbourne.

Major

Likes Bikes
In last minute, i've changed my plan and went to youyangs. An hour drive and it was worth it. Bunch of cyclist there. Met one guy there who showed me few tracks and damn it was good runing down the hill again.
Thanx for the info everyone and keep in touch.
Cheers all.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate, theres a few of us that muck around out near upwey on a local trail out there every couple of weekends.
PM me if you want some more info!

Brendan.

Likes Bikes
Hey man, im just up the road from you. I have been going riding abit lately, mostly out east past lysterfield. Might go out to you yangs tomoz for first time. Also been looking for a few more people to get out riding with.

Brendan.

crazy-man

Likes Dirt
Hi major. I'm heading up to Maldon Sunday for the shuttle day. If your not busy and want to go you can meet me at the bp servo just after Calder park raceway at 8:30. You can follow me or we can try fit both bikes in the back of my wagon.

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
Crazy - Man

Hey j,

how are you? Mate gonna hit up Maldon on Sunday but I am going early and doin my own shuttle as i have to leave early too. Catch ya there bro.

Rich

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
Sweet Rich. Always a great days riding out there. But I suggest we stay away from a certain trail.
I hear you brother. Sadly, I will no longer be heading out there. Other stuff has become a priority.

Rockin (sic) Roll J Dawg,

Pedal like its your last time ever.

Cheers,

Rich

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Is anyone heading out to shuttle anywhere on Sunday, the 15th? I'm more than happy to chip in for fuel, etc.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
thats when the long gully race is! head out there!
Long Gully is a great place to ride and if it was a ride day I'd be there for sure! I don't get the chance to head out much these days, so I'm looking to get as much in as l can.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Long Gully is a great place to ride and if it was a ride day I'd be there for sure! I don't get the chance to head out much these days, so I'm looking to get as much in as l can.
fair enough. there was a ride day there last weekend

Anyone thats keen on a bit of fun there is racing tomorrow.
its just for fun and its always a great bunch of people there
entry is 50 dollars plus a 10 dollar day license if need be. shuttles starting from 9!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys, school holidays is coming up and im in need of a new place to ride. I can ride on weekends but i cant drive as im only on learners.
any suggestions? anyone in the same boat?