Water bottle cage for under the downtube?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Its the only place to put it...
sorry Haakers, I really didn't read your post properly in the first place as to what you wanted (a burly bottle cage mounted where orange put the bolt holes), and decided to reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
A good looking Orange bike there.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
sorry Haakers, I really didn't read your post properly in the first place as to what you wanted (a burly bottle cage mounted where orange put the bolt holes), and decided to reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
A good looking Orange bike there.
Reality is highly over rated. I'm not a fan.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Jesus - is that a camelbak bum bag….? :oops:Hard pass…

I use a normal camelbak, this is just for spare water on longer rides and some downtube protection :)
If it's only a reserve tank ro supplement the camel bag I'd just go with any old cage and tie a shoelace or something similar around the bottle neck and frame to stop it bouncing out. When the bag gets low, decant the bottle into the bag, tie back in place and ride on. :)

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
If it's only a reserve tank ro supplement the camel bag I'd just go with any old cage and tie a shoelace or something similar around the bottle neck and frame to stop it bouncing out. When the bag gets low, decant the bottle into the bag, tie back in place and ride on. :)
Good plan, Duck.

All the cool kids use voile straps. The povo kids use Grunt straps from Bunnings.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
I've got an old Tallboy LT with the same setup as your Orange. Even a bottle with a cover over the mouth piece became grotty when riding (Perth dust/sand to be fair). I ended up getting one of those cylindrical plastic tubes that hold your tools and used it that way.

No more tools in my CamelBak bar phone, wallets and car keys.

I just used a generic metal Giant cage and it never lost the bottle. This includes multiple enduros in both Perth and Hobart.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Since when did we apply logic and financial restraint around here...??

But I did impulse buy a Ztto aloominum cage the other day with the idea it will be grippier than plastic. Plus it was orange anodised...

I have a lot of bottles to use already, although I would be bummed to lose any of my Mont 24 bottles. I'll give that a go.