Watching World Cup with shit Internet...?

houli77

Likes Dirt
As the title says, I'm away from home, got sad Internet.

Tried other redbull replays and none of them play, they stop every three or four seconds.

Not gonna watch it live but will be trying to watch it after work tomoz..

I've noticed u can't pause and load in red bulls shitty player like u can with most normal players, so is there any other way I can crank up the download tomor morn and watch it tomor night?

rb baby

Likes Dirt
Not sure about where else you can download it from but I have good internet and it's still shit !

Every time I try watching something live on Red bull TV it's the same thing, seriously Red bull spend a few bucks from the sales of that god awful baboons piss you call a drink and upgrade your shit !

BTW, thanks for broadcasting for free it is very muchly appreciated just not as enjoyable as it could be, kinda like your drinks...

driftking

Wheel size expert
100% with you mate.
My net runs at 23kb/sec it takes me 30min+ to load a 10min YouTube video.

Live streaming is impossible, for me I use my phone. I missed last race because I had no data left but as long as I have data ill watch it either trough redbull app or the site.
I have found the site to be more reliable with less issues.

I tend to watch live timing on the computer and then when we get to the big players like top 30-20 ill switch to live feed on phone.

Not wasting money on watching the whole field. It takes too long.

houli77

Likes Dirt
Usually have no issues watching replay at home. But yeah seems there's no solution for slow connections? I'd be stoked if I could just d/l the file from redbull at whatever speed I can and watch it later.

I mean its not like its hard to rip streaming video anyway there's heaps of programs to do that with so why not just offer up the file. Even a squished lower res one would keep me happy and burn less bandwidth on their end than the stream which for me is usually pretty good. I plug laptop into tv and the picture is great.

Can someone rip it and torrent it or Dropbox it for me? U know u wanna..

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Firefox is waaaay faster then google crome. I was streaming at 720p on redbull with my mobile broadband.. Now have adsl1 (all thats available here) and it still streams at 480 pretty well.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've gone through every browser over the years and landed at Chrome, it's faster than the rest. I have basic ADSL+2 and I've never had problems with Red Bull's feeds.

speedyjonzalas

Likes Dirt
Not sure about slow connection issues but one thing I had not realised is that you can change the quality of the feed near the bottom right of the screen.

Seems silly as I should have checked it but with my 15mg download speeds I always assume that it will be set to HD automatically. I watched the first few races not overly impressed by the quality.

Since then I have manually switched it to HD and its been great!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I'd be stoked if I could just d/l the file from redbull at whatever speed I can and watch it later.

I mean its not like its hard to rip streaming video anyway there's heaps of programs to do that with so why not just offer up the file. Even a squished lower res one would keep me happy and burn less bandwidth on their end than the stream which for me is usually pretty good. I plug laptop into tv and the picture is great.

Can someone rip it and torrent it or Dropbox it for me? U know u wanna..
Geez dude, sounds like you already know how to do it....do it urself. Even if it's slow. It'll take just as long via dropbox or torrent file as it would to find how to rip the replay tomorrow.

Good luck!

houli77

Likes Dirt
Think you need a solid stream to rip properly which I have no chance of..

I have time not bandwidth, can prob download the whole broadcast 10 times over before I want to watch it if I start it tomor morning, but red bulls shite player won't let you pause and buffer the remainder.

If I tried to rip it I'm pretty certain it would just capture all the pauses while it buffers which is what I'm trying to avoid.

g3rg

Likes Bikes
Wifi on my laptop stuffs up when it starts running hot (which it likes doing). So after about 10 / 15 minutes of watching it starts to chunk like mad.

I have successfully used an FLV downloader to grab the videos (DH and XC) after they've finished streaming, and then watched later. Not on my home computer so can't remember what I'm using, but its a plugin for firefox. If there's interest in knowing which one I'm using I can take a look tonight.

nick1

Squid
Wifi on my laptop stuffs up when it starts running hot (which it likes doing). So after about 10 / 15 minutes of watching it starts to chunk like mad.

I have successfully used an FLV downloader to grab the videos (DH and XC) after they've finished streaming, and then watched later. Not on my home computer so can't remember what I'm using, but its a plugin for firefox. If there's interest in knowing which one I'm using I can take a look tonight.
+1 to this, currently downloading the replay with a firefox addon, much smoother to watch it all without the stuttering live streaming gives me

g3rg

Likes Bikes

On my laptop now, plugin is called DownloadHelper.