Washing pads

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what is a safe way to wash shin pads... i looked on the tag but it said nothing about machine washing... is it safe to put them in the washing machine to smell nice... i have just hung them on the line and hosed them down but they still smell and the dirty water is endless

i have fox 911's

jobi_one

Likes Bikes
i stick my dianese armour in the machine on gentle cycle with a washing powder and ive had no probs ....they no longer smell like road kill:)

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After every ride I wash them in the washing machine, they come out looking brand knew and it keeps them smelling good. Make sure you dont wash them with other clothes because the velcro will snag other materials.
I usually wash my shin and elbow guard together with my gloves and do my factory suit by itself in another wash

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its a good smell. Blasphemy!

Ok but really just hang them out on the line on a sunny day to air out. I think that washing them would make them lose alot of stiffness.

flyracing

Likes Dirt
When my pads start to get stinky I chuck em in a bucket with warmish water and this eucalyptus oil shizzle (laundry detergent would probably work) along with the pads out of my helmet, gloves, goggles (take the lense out) and occasionally the pads out of my leatt brace. Leave on the line and they're good as new. Plus you're helmet smells like eucalyptus. ;)