Was anyone riding at Mt Cootha this morning?

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sad to hear. The trail looks pretty innocuous, but fast. Cootha sure has its share of cycling tragedies on and off road.

teK--

Eats Squid
sad news. that video doesn't help for public perception why did they put this guy on and why is his seat up so high??

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am amazed this happened. This is such a tame track. Its not even worth riding a DH bike on. Definitely a sad thing to hear.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
49 seconds into the video looks like a fire road with nothing technical whatsoever. The idiot riding with the full face helmet and his seat at road bike height only demonstrates how easy it is for people to ride beyond their abilities on almost any trail.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Sad to hear about the rider killed, riding alone isn't always the best option but don't know the details as to wether anyone could have saved him.

In reference to the video it doesn't really look like a bush walking track in the first bit where he crashes, and the fire trail section I don't even understand how he crashed.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The video is in two parts. The first half is Pipeline (Gillians), which is a black trail. The 2nd half is Powerful Owl. It is just a steep double track / walking track. The speeds and water bars can be dangerous on these types of track.

To be honest, the video is not appropriate for that news article given the circumstances.

I believe that he was riding in a group from what the article says. Condolences to family and friends.

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
waterbars. seems like every enduro i race, someone gets choppered out with a broken collarbone or something from casing a waterbar at speed. wouldn't take much to fall the wrong way and do serious damage :\

sad to hear...

hazza96

Likes Bikes
very sad to hear since i ride that trail to get home from riding at gap creek if its the bit where i think he came off at its quite steep and its very easy to pick up a fair bit of speed on.