Wanted: Spare I-Spec bolts....

ojc

Squid
First time posting here but I'm hoping someone can help me out!

I got some 10-speed I-Spec B shifters from CRC but they're OEM parts in a plastic bag. Nice and cheap but I only got the bolts to mount the shifters to new I-Spec B brakes.... and I have older I-Spec A brakes...

As far as I know the boxed version comes with some other bolts that will sort this problem. So... If you have left over I-Spec bolts after getting new Shimano shifters let me know.. I'd happily take them off you!

This is what I'm looking for: http://www.bicyclehero.com/au/shimano-sl-m780-i-m5x17-5-bolt-nut-y6uu98020.html#.VFC9vPmSxSE

Thanks!

PerthMTB

Likes Dirt
I've just been through the exact same thing so can tell you exactly what you need! The pic below shows the fittings that come with a proper boxed set of I-Spec B shifters. The 'blue' bolt and 'black' nuts are used to attach them to B levers, and are all you get with an OEM set of shifters. The same blue bolt but the silver barrel nuts (circled red) are what you need to attach them to A levers. So all you need is a pair of those silver barrel nuts, and anyone who has bought a boxed set of B shifters and fitted them to B brakes should have these left over.

ISpec.JPG

When I posted a similar plea to yours a couple of months back luckily someone stepped up with a couple of spares. So cummon guys - who's got a couple of these in their spares box and can help ojc out?

PS: The parts you linked to in your post aren't the right ones - they are for attaching I-Spec A shifters to I-Spec A levers. If you want to order the above parts separately the Shimano part number is Y6UV98090.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
I may have what you want spare after Friday. I am mounting my new I-Spec shifter to my new hope brakes after i see what part i need i will have no need for the remaining parts.

ojc

Squid
PerthMTB, thanks for the explanation and the correct part number - good to know exactly what I need.

Minlak, if you do have those parts spare after Friday that would be a major help.. I'll pay the postage and for a beer or two! :) Thanks!

sp00n

Cannon Fodder
I'm also after some and willing to travel to Sydney. (in Wollongong now) if there's enough sets to sort me out too :)

Minlak

custom titis
Sorry ended up on Sunshine Coast for the weekend no bike work until Sunday afternoon then I will know

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ojc - I am in Brisbane and have them. Happy to post down, just msg me your address.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just have 2 of the nut circled in red in PerthMTB's post but you should have the blue circled ones already - is that right?