QLD Wanted: Bottlerocket med/lge

rash

Likes Bikes
Item: transition bottlerocket med or large
Price: you tell me?
Extra info: after a bottlerocket as an all purpose bike, so ideally would like air rear shock. If you have something simmilar to a br to offer, let me know. After a fun, burly trail bike that dosnt mind uphill, and will handle an occasional downhill day. Something around br price range. Pm me.
Thanks
ash

moorey

call me Mia
They are sized smaller than you'd think. I had a medium and it was too small even for a runty c@&t under 5'8". Fine for slope style, not great in the trail rides.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a look the Dartmoor wish & NS soda Air/fr too. They share similar characteristics.

rash

Likes Bikes
They are sized smaller than you'd think. I had a medium and it was too small even for a runty c@&t under 5'8". Fine for slope style, not great in the trail rides.
Ahh yeh, transition recomend a med for me at 5'11, but I thought it may feel small on the trails. Large may be the better option for the bottlerocket....
Thanks moorey

will take a look at the soda and wish also, thanks COna

Dont know if many on here are farmilliar with the Parklands trails at Nambour on the sunny coast, but thats where I ride. Plenty of up, down, technical single trail, steep fire road downhills littered with jumps. Trying to go a bit more heavy duty than the commonly seen xc bikes through there. I dont feel comfortable on light weight bikes either...

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a Transition Preston doing nothing here but it's smaller than a
M size Bottlerocket

If you really want to stay with Transition the Covert is the bike you want
I'm in the process of getting one and I ride the same style of terrain as you

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sounds like you need a Santa Cruz nomad...I have frame up to whole bike, various spec options. PM me if you are curious.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Took your sweet time....:whistle:
I've been busy....someone else is also selling a large. mine is heaps better as it comes with my ride mojo all over it and the OP's claimed height would suit the medium more so, but the large is there too.

would look totally wikid with a set of fox 40s on the front end!

rash

Likes Bikes
Sounds like you need a Santa Cruz nomad...I have frame up to whole bike, various spec options. PM me if you are curious.
Thanks for the offer, seen your add, santa cruz is a little out of my price range. Never really understood the high asking price for sc's.... not having a go at you, they are ALL priced high! I like simpler styling like the bottlerocket has also.
building a frame up seems to blow out the budget also. Hence why I am retiring my craftworks frm125.... by the time I add up all of the parts to get it good again, I might as well get another complete bike.
ash

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks for the offer, seen your add, santa cruz is a little out of my price range. Never really understood the high asking price for sc's.... not having a go at you, they are ALL priced high! I like simpler styling like the bottlerocket has also.
building a frame up seems to blow out the budget also. Hence why I am retiring my craftworks frm125.... by the time I add up all of the parts to get it good again, I might as well get another complete bike.
ash
I don't offend easy...and I'm open to offers. Reason they are more expensive is the boutique vs mass produced argument all over again...oh and I'm a money hungry tight arse!

If you are looking to do a whole build, what is your total spend prediction?

rash

Likes Bikes
I don't offend easy...and I'm open to offers. Reason they are more expensive is the boutique vs mass produced argument all over again...oh and I'm a money hungry tight arse!

If you are looking to do a whole build, what is your total spend prediction?
Thinking around 1400 for something I wont have to spend more on apart from maintainance.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thinking around 1400 for something I wont have to spend more on apart from maintainance.
Fair call. I have a pile of parts here that I could make a complete nomad for you with, but it would probably be about 2k. If I notice something that should put some wind in your sails I'll let you know.

rash

Likes Bikes
Fair call. I have a pile of parts here that I could make a complete nomad for you with, but it would probably be about 2k. If I notice something that should put some wind in your sails I'll let you know.
No worries, thanks mate,
ash