Want to know why your trading access application was denied?

abaser666

Likes Bikes
oh dear...

I fear that my application may fall short of the mark. I hope it isn't considered so woeful i'll be shamed on this thread...

Unfortunately i only stumbled across what a 'proper' application looked like after i'd submitted one. Hopefully my first one scrapes through. I read the rules, i promise! I just wasnt particularly good at communicating what i'd read.

Ah well, i guess we'll see in a week or so...

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just submitted my first request for trading access & thought I might just comment on the fact that the 200 character limit made it quite hard to get a decent application in.
I tried to summarize it the best I could, here's hoping it was good enough :)

I would suggest that you make it longer, but I get the feeling that having a small limit makes people think about the content they actually put in & not just copy & paste from the rules page.

Last edited:

0psi

Eats Squid
I would suggest that you make it longer, but I get the feeling that having a small limit makes people think about the content they actually put in & not just copy & paste from the rules page.
That and the admins are just blokes that do this in their spare time so I'm guessing they probably can't be bothered reading through 30 essays every week.

For what it's worth I got my trading access back when I only had 5 or 6 posts and had been a member for only a few months. Amazing what an application written legibly will do for ya.

andy g

Likes Dirt
Hi, i am trying to send my application in but i have a problem... I have written my application in word and it is only about 150 words, but when i go to paste it into the text box on the application page only two lines show up? its the same when i write it on in the text box to.
what should i do?

Well that's fair enough. I'm busily making my five posts in order to get access. That said i'm genuinely interested in getting some good advice on the building a commuter 29er (possibly electric assist). Would the electric thing be a waste of time and money for example. Man up and just ride you say?

This list will be updated every time we get a stupid trading access application. Don't want to make the list? Then engage your brain before you apply.[/QUOTE]

Glenn Polner

Likes Bikes
Just put through a whole bunch more. Loved the "promise not to type in a french accent" one.
if you grant my access i will volunteer to help moderate and clean up the forum :) heaps of sold's in there or help in anyway i can :)
Great forum just FYI lol

Cheers

Pure Gold

Thanks guys, I've just spent the last hour pissing myself laughing at some of the applications people have submitted.

I really can't see what the problem is.

- Join the forum
- Be a decent member and post reasonable questions and responses to posts
- DON'T be a dick
- Make a good case for why you you should get access to trade
- Get accepted

It can't really be more simple that that.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Thanks guys, I've just spent the last hour pissing myself laughing at some of the applications people have submitted.

I really can't see what the problem is.

- Join the forum
- Be a decent member and post reasonable questions and responses to posts
- DON'T be a dick
- Make a good case for why you you should get access to trade
- Get accepted

It can't really be more simple that that.
"It can't really be more simple that that"

Grammatical error, DECLINED! Instant Ban!

Just kidding :)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I found there wasn't enough room for text in the application process. Was it just me?
Obviously didn't read the instructions to the end. It clearly states to keep typing, the text will enter, you just can't see it.

A sure sign that the forum is run by professionals.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Static 81

Likes Bikes
Obviously didn't read the instructions to the end. It clearly states to keep typing, the text will enter, you just can't see it.

A sure sign that the forum is run by professionals.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
Yep!! Got me.
That would be a fair reason for me to not be granted trading access.
Crisis averted. Carry on.

Last edited:

TM2

Likes Bikes
Yep!! Got me.
That would be a fair reason for me to not be granted trading access.
Crisis averted. Carry on.
Just sent my application in a minute ago, didn't get the whole keep typing thing, so I guess that will be a fail for me. Now I've ended up as one of those idiots who can't complete a simple form on the internet. Is the fact the box doesn't show more than a couple of lines of text purely there to keep the knob jockeys like me out? Or is that just a piece of good luck?

banksy

Likes Bikes
I submitted a request for trading access a bit over a week ago and I'm not sure on how it's progressing. Can't see anything to say whether it's been approved or denied so I assume it is still sitting there pending approval/denial?