W.A is getting left out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Attention all guys from Western Australia......

Do you people wanna put out a petition for an mtb park over here??

let us know what ya think

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have some mates in Perth and Margaret river. They don't ride but i'm sure they'd sign your petition.

Anarki

Likes Bikes
Yeah I'd like a park in Perth somewhere. Just so I don't have to get a lift with someone to go to dwellingup or harvey to do some serious riding.

What kind of things would be at this park? MTBers only I hope...dirt jumps and North Shore is what I want to see :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Insane said:
Yea, but where? It's gotta be close to everyone :?
Bwahahahaha! Close to everyone....in W.A.??? Man, check the map, you live in the country's biggest bloody state! Hahaha :p

Adi

It's my birthday!
yea lol, thats what i was trying to say... like its gotta be near the city but not too far away.... :oops:...... :oops: :lol:

:oops:

of course it cannoth be cose to everone in wa :p

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
us people in brisvegas are farkin lucky :D :D :D we got our own mtb park, except i haven't had the pleasure of getting out there yet :cry: :cry: farkin school, so over it

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
dude, that sounds awsome. as for location, you guys are all just winging, even though perth is all spread out, it only takes 40 mins max to get from one side to the other. the other thing is, due to the topography of perth, being on the coastal plain at the bottom of a plateau which extends eastward to the blue mountains, there aint much in the way of hills. the only place to stick it would be in the foothills out kalamunda way, otherwise kings park would be a good place to make it, if it wern't crown land. the BEST option the way i see it, is if someone knows anybody who has a farm somewhere in the hills that hasnt been cleared of vegetation and is on decent hill, we kindly ask them to let us use it.

also, just as a quick sidenote, i reckon there should be a small trials section somewhere, for us riders who like to hop.

G

i say,
we all just rock up to kings park with shovels.... dig a track and have a road gap over the freeway

G

we could make it a straight track you would need atleast 100 - 150 ks to clear it :?

Ty

Eats Squid
shane (khsmad) steped up and got the queensland mountain bike park concept going pretty much single handedly, he got the landed, sponsors, insurance, and most importantly the support of the local mountain bike up and running in the course of the past 6 months. i guess it's the old story that if you want something theres no use sitting around and waiting for someone to hand it to you, you really gotta put in and do it for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.