Visit to Tassie

BrindiCruiser

Likes Dirt
G'day,
not sure if anyone is out there, but I am visiting Tassie next week and was hoping to hook up with someone to ride some of the trails on Mt Wellington and the Dirt Park.

Ok fitness level but really just a punter who rides trails and the odd small jumps etc. I can meet on Wed or Thurs afternoons from around 4:30pm

Brindi

kiwijohn

Likes Dirt
Howdy, there's a regular night ride from Cyclingo on Macquarie st, in South Hobart at 6pm wednesdays. Just rock on up.

kiwijohn

Likes Dirt
Damn straight it's a mountainbike ride. Usually go out for 2-3 hours. Might need a back up light, just in case of delays.
Rides are usually fairly casual, bit of technical stuff, can go a bit further & faster depending who decides to lead.
The trails are pretty close, but it's a mountain, so there's going to be some climbing. As with most places , you need local knowledge to find the goods.
Kiwi.

kiwijohn

Likes Dirt
Lights are just in case, we leave at 6 & it gets dark at 8ish. We got caught out last week. Just need a small back to get you home.
Won't be long before the HIDs need charging up & strapping on.

BrindiCruiser

Likes Dirt
Wed night ride

Hi Guys,
I will be coming along tonight. I have brought lights, and have charged batteries but they have not been used for 6 months and are pretty old. Hopefully they will work. Looking forward to it, and hope that I don't slow you down too much. Also hope that I don't have a coronary.

BRindi aka Michael

BrindiCruiser

Likes Dirt
Thanks

Tassie rocked. Had a great ride with the crew from cyclelingo on Wed night and then hit up North South Track and Tolosa this morning. Everyone was helpful and friendly. wish I had more time to ride.

cheers

Brindi

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry to bump an old thread. I'm in Hobart at the moment, without a bike, but after driving up Mt Wellington I'm keen to come back down with my dh bike and do some shuttles.

Can anyone give me some info on the dh runs? Lengths, difficulty, style etc. Any info on other good places would be appreciated too, but purely downhill, I'm not too fond of pedling.