Victorian dh Trail building crew mailing list

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok so after this thread was posted ( http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=93914 ) it seems the long gully working bee has stired up some intrest in people wanting to help out with trail matinace and building.

being on the FTF commitie and being one of their main trail builders / maintainers i thought i'd start a mailing list to try to get more people out helping with the track working being done (all though this isnt often it does happen mainly before a race is held at a track)

so if any one want to be added to the mailing list please just PM me your email adress this email will ONLY get sent info about working bee's from FTF as that is the club i am on the commite of most of the tracks we will do work on are out the east side of the city ( eildon, long gully, granton, baw baw,etc.)

if you have any questions feel free to ask!

and dont foget the long gully working bee this sunday the 29\7\07

Ozza

Eats Squid
This an excellent chance for people to put there say in with the tracks around Victoria and to get invovled and give something back to the organisers, clubs and the sport.

Even if you think you will only be able to come out once or twice it still would be a idea to chuck your name/email on the list so you can spread the word to mates who arnt familiar with Farkin or even are unfortunate enough not to have the net.

Most of the big maintenance days include free shuttles in the second half of the day so its well worth it.

Also, Long Gully is one of the best locations Victoria DH has going for us. They hold many events such as ride days, skills days, races and even Thursday night rides during day light savings. I think everyone should esspecially try to get along to this trail building day as a way of thanking the crew down at Long Gully for everything they have done. This place will not maintain itself so bitching about track conditions esspecially after the weather lately at the next event they hold is pretty low if you dont take the chance to get along to these events.

Last edited:

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most of the big maintenance days include free shuttles in the second half of the day so its well worth it.
this is mainly only at long gully as most places dont have more than one track and it's not a good idea to ride a freshly dug berm or jump as it just destroys them.. but as you said you get to put input on how stuff will be done and ideas will be chucked around plus it's a great chance to sus out lines!

Rohloff

Likes Dirt
Hey, I think the mailing list is a great idea, we should all help out the trail builders from FTF and long gully as much as we can.

Cheers........