Valuation Please

Bradster

Likes Bikes
Hi there,

I know someone who is selling the bike of my dreams (mountain cycle shockwave 9.5) and i am considering selling my bike (08 reign x with addons) to make up the necessary funds. And so to get a true picture of the situation i would like some people to give me their honest opinion (within reason) of what the bike is worth so i can make a proper decision(sp?)

BIKE:
frame: 2008 reign X0 with stock fox dhx air4.0 and cane creek headset.
fork : 2008 rockshox domain 318 180mm coil (uncut steerer)
crank: 2007 raceface deus xc 170mm crankset (used very little)
Brakes: 2006 Juicy 5 8" rotors
Wheels: 2008 Dabomb revolver wheelset (straight and round)
Derailleur and shifter: 2007 X-7 long (used for 1 month)
Cassette: Shimano tiagra 12-25 (again, 1 month)
Guide: 2006 truvative box guide
Tyres: 1 week old WTB prowler mx 2.5 race
Cockpit: DaBomb minime stem 50mm, Dabomb tribal bar 680mm uncut, Oury grips, Kalin seatpost (cheapo), giant/selle italia seat (broken), Mosh bikes pedals.

All major parts (frame, fork, shock, cranks) have had a max of 3 months use and are in top nick.

As i said i am just after valuations, but ya never know :p

Thanks, Brad

Attachments

Last edited:

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ahhh well from what i can see somewhere around $2,500 and $3,000. dont think you could get much more but i might be wrong

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Size

What size is the rein , funny enough someone asked me today they were looking for a bike . How much are you looking for $ ?

Bradster

Likes Bikes
The frame is a large (20") but i must say it is a very adaptable bike, i am 5'6" and the setup is leaning towards downhill, freeride stuff and it performs exceedingly well. Being small and on a large bike...i noticed it for about a week and now i don't care, i can bar hump and whip the thing all i want, it is such a great geo and all, no wonder all the reign x's are sold out.

There is a bike that i want but i am seeing if it is viable to sell this and be able to afford that bike. I just want everyones honest opinion on what the bike is worth. i think we are looking at about the $3000 mark but lets not stop there aye? ;)

They suspension can be stiffened up front and rear (front coil, rear air) and it can climb quite well (if that is your fetish)

Brad