Unreal cycles - wtf?

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Hey i'm looking at the unreal cycles website and it says that the DJ3's are $259USD = $392.631AUS (USED:http://www.xe.net/ucc// to do my conversions) Am i missing something here, like is it in a different currency or something cuz thats REALLY cheap for a pair of NEW DJ3's.....
If my calculations are right i think i'll be getting those forks? is there a catch or something guys, help me out

nhd

Likes Dirt
you are correct they are very cheap
no idea what shipping would be, maybe $60~ around that

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it depends on how it is sent

if fedex or something like that express it would be a few working days
and i think this is the one that costs about $70 US shipping

if its us air mail then i think its about a week to week and a half to get here this is much cheaper option to send stuff

and theres us mail (basically posted but not air mail ie via ship)
this takes farkin forever think couple of months
obvioulsy this is the cheepest option

AirDog

Likes Dirt
with importing frames and forks you have to pay GST and sometimes you incur a 5% importing fee from australian customs. also add $120-$150 for posting

Damo

Likes Dirt
If you purchase any forks from Jenson USA they will charge you USD 38.40 to post to Australia by air mail (FedEx). Aust customs will charge you 5% duty on frames or forks but apparantly not on running gear & also GST (10%). So say your forks are going to cost you USD 270. U then add the USD 38.40 for postage to the price of the forks & u get USD 308.40. They will sell you the forks at the exchange rate when the forks are posted. Therefore if the exchange rate is AUD/USD 0.67 the forks will be AUD 460.30 inc postage but not duty or GST.
Add the duty of 5% - AUD 460.30 * 1.05 = AUD 483.31
then add GST of 10% - AUD 483.31 * 1.10 = AUD 531.64

AUD 531.64 is your total price of the forks. Hope this helps

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got em DJ3's from them not too long ago because they where so cheap. I got Marzocchi DJ3 + Set of IRC Kujo 24x2.35 + Planet X Headlock + $70 US shipping for $395US = $660ish aussie i got it four weeks later but it should be a bit quicker than that... I got no tax/import dutie crap either :D

dave

Likes Bikes
My mates and I have bought stuff from Jenson and Supergo including forks. You just have to chance it. We have never been slugged import duties or GST. So just budget it in to buying the forks and if you dont get charged it is a bonus.
good luck

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damo said:
Hey Kalem,

how did ya get around the no duty or GST thing?
]

?? lucky i guess, ask ben at unreal to see if he could help, writing 'gift' on the package can help...

im considering buying some boxxers online, but do u recieve full waranty and stuff with them even though they were purchased overseas?
my friend told me you dont, but how the hell does he know?

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i'm pretty sure u'd recieve warrenty everywhere cuz rock shox are international.... just my thought

Ty

Eats Squid
i think your dreaming if you buy a fork mail order from overseas and try and get a warranty here in australia.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ty said:
i think your dreaming if you buy a fork mail order from overseas and try and get a warranty here in australia.
i'm with him, you could luck out though...

Ty said:
yeah thats what i thought, but the price is still very tempting. but its probably not worth the risk although it is an awesome deal :?

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
for some reason shipping in the US is insanely expensive.

eg i sent a guitar from brisbane to canberra for $15 postage, to do that in the states cost a mate of mine (for similar distance) AU$47. insane