Unicycles

dazonic

Likes Dirt
Dunno if anyone's into this but i've been waiting ages... Gap Bike Shop unicycles have finally got the go ahead. They're gonna be pretty friggan dygest.

24" will have-
gapbikeshop cro-mo frame
Profile (or Unizaba for budget jobs) Hub/Crankset
Sun BFR
gapbikeshop saddle
cro-mo seat pole
Nokian Gazzoladi 2.6"

they're making a 20" trials model too, specs basically the same, bar the rim and tyre.

I think it's great (and about time) that someone in aussie started making decent unicycles, they're gonna sell well i reckon.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha I love things things.... wish they where easier to ride tho to much wasted time at wirk trying to learn :)

Psyloman

Likes Dirt
farkin awesome, i think i might have to add 1 of them to my xmas list, my old cheap unicycle just doesn't cut it anymore

dlwd3w

Likes Dirt
There some good hardcore northshore unicycle action in New world order 1 and 2, farkin insano stuff

dazonic

Likes Dirt
yeh Kris Holm's the man. Bit of a sell-out though i think. Anyone hears hardcore unicycle they straight away think Kris Holm. Any good trials rider could be as good as him on a unicycle with a few months practice. Still, he's skilly.

wombat

Lives in a hole
dazonic said:
yeh Kris Holm's the man. Bit of a sell-out though i think. Anyone hears hardcore unicycle they straight away think Kris Holm. Any good trials rider could be as good as him on a unicycle with a few months practice. Still, he's skilly.
So how has he sold out?

zac

Likes Dirt
just a thought, but do you guys reckon it'd be possible to retro fit one of those tall unicycles (the ones with chains) with a rohloff hub?

i'm thinking of getting a unicycle to ride to uni on - whaddyas reckon?

dazonic

Likes Dirt
Grip is that yours??!!! Man that's one sick uni.

zac, yeah sounds good to me as long as it's a fixed hub. I've made a few tall unicycles before just out of crap lying around, they're so much easier to make than the small ones. You'd want a pretty big wheel or a different gear ration if you were gonna actually ride it from place to place. Sounds rad to me, yell out when it's finished!

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
dazonic said:
Grip is that yours??!!! Man that's one sick uni.
No, sorry if I made it sound that way. We made that up for a customer to his specs (bloody expensive specs they were too). You should see it now... hydro lines all shortened, custom brake lever rather than the roadie extention thats on there... and it's been powdercoated the hotest pink you can imagine. It spends a fair bit of time @ Walkers Wheels in Melb (03 - 94322113) if anyone wants to check it out.