Ultegra Cassette

Coolincotts

Cannon Fodder
G'day

Can I run a Ultegra cassette on a MTB without any issues or will I have problems with this setup? I mainly ride cross country as well as a bit of commuting.

Cheers

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G'day

Can I run a Ultegra cassette on a MTB without any issues or will I have problems with this setup? I mainly ride cross country as well as a bit of commuting.

Cheers
No probs. Many run a close ratio road cassette (11-25) on their DH bikes, with short cage derailleur.

T-Rex

Template denier
Welcome to Rotorburn.

Your Ultegra cassette will work fine as long as you ride fairly flat terrain. If you want to ride up sny decent hills, or up any technical terrain I would recommend more of a X C cassette, eg a 11/34 or similar.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I use one for downhill specifically because of their limited range so like T-rex said, unless you're riding mainly flat, you'd want something with a greater range, an MTB specific cassette

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So long as you have a triple chain ring set up I can't see why you couldn't go just about anywhere with an 11-25 on the back.

TDC

Cannon Fodder
re the above post; because some of us need lower gears because we are not world cup contenders, who weigh 65 kg, and can jam up 25% inclines.