Two light XC/AM - EDIT - I have the frames now starting components thread

goog64

Likes Dirt
Price: To be discussed
Condition: good to new
Type: Full suspension 100mm to 120mm travel 29er (e.g. Santa Cruz Tallboy or Joplin, Trek Fuel EX, Specialized Camber)

My wife and I had our bikes stolen a few weeks ago. It's time to start again.
We are looking for:
29er carbon frames
carbon cranks
carbon bars
sub 1600g wheels
2x10 or 1x11 gearing
XT or XTR brakes
gripshift would be a bonus for me (the large bike)

If we can't buy the entire bikes we want, we'll have to buy the parts, so we would also be looking for everything else not mentioned above (stems, grips, seatposts, saddles, flat pedals).

Last edited:

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Bugger about the bikes mate.

I am currently selling a Large 2015 Stumpjumper Expert Carbon, 130mm travel.

Carbon frame
Carbon cranks
Can include carbon renthal bars
Carbon roval wheels
2x10 XTR drivetrain
XT brakes

I am in Canberra though :/

goog64

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate. I'd prefer the Camber to the Stumpy. (Just edited my post down to 120mm travel.) But how much are you looking for anyway?

goog64

Likes Dirt
Are you the guy that emailed me on Gumtree yesterday regarding my Merida parts?
I think so Dan. I've emailed a lot of people on Gumtree with high end bikes for sale. I search every day for XTR, XX1, XX, carbon, etc
I love everything on your bike, and you are currently top of my list if I decide to buy a whole bike to get the components off. The only thing is, I would prefer 120mm forks. They're not extendable are they? Also, which Fulcrum wheels do you have? Is the seatpost 27.2?

Last edited:

Yeti Dan

Likes Dirt
Fulcrum Red Powers. I don't think they meet the criteria of sub 1600gm though.

Nah forks can't be extended. Everything except frame and drivetrain are about 4 months old. The person I bought it off was riding on different forks and wheels and she moved onto the 2016 frame when it came out along with her Sram wheels and RS1s.

Seatpost is 27.2.

I have a friend selling a Niner RDO 29er frame in small for $1k and RS1s for $750 if you're interested. You could probably piece it all together! He also has a boutique set of wheels for $2k, MCFKs. They are about 1300gm or so in 29er.

Smiker

Likes Dirt
That's terrible about the theft. I have a few parts that might help if you look to build:

XTR M985 brake set (used but great)
Variety of 31.6mm carbon posts
Variety of 100mm stems
XT M8000 shifter and rear mech - new (ispec shifter, but not compatible with the above brakes)
RockShox 2016 SID RL with 150mm steerer (new)
I probably have some pedals/grips to throw in too to help get the ball rolling with builds.

I'm in Brisbane but freight/post isn't too bad for small things, or for major items. If that makes sense.

goog64

Likes Dirt
Those Red Powers seem pretty low end compared with the rest of your components. Are they the XLs or is there a higher end model that I don't know about?
I'll pass on the RS1s, but which Niner RDO is it? Is it the Jet 9? Love that bike but I think as a second owner I would be extremely worried about the huge number of frame failures they have had.

goog64

Likes Dirt
Thanks Smiker, I will add you into my spreadsheet. That’s all great stuff and good to know it's available.

Yeti Dan

Likes Dirt
Those Red Powers seem pretty low end compared with the rest of your components. Are they the XLs or is there a higher end model that I don't know about?
I'll pass on the RS1s, but which Niner RDO is it? Is it the Jet 9? Love that bike but I think as a second owner I would be extremely worried about the huge number of frame failures they have had.
Yes, exactly my thoughts when I hopped on board. They definitely should have specced the bike with some carbon hoops. Specs as per below except I swapped out XX brakes for XTR Trail m988.

http://www.99bikes.com.au/bike15-merida-big-nine-team-ud-carbon-white-green-team

Yeah it's the Jet 9.