Tubeless?

jonl

Cannon Fodder
I'm collecting parts for a build and considering tubeless rims. Any thoughts on pros and cons would be appreciated.

adrian.gab

Likes Dirt
I'm collecting parts for a build and considering tubeless rims. Any thoughts on pros and cons would be appreciated.
i went from tubes to tubeless.

i used always get pinch flats on rocky sections in my giant reign. one day i got three pinch flats and had to walk my bike back to the car park. that was the last straw.

i bought a stans tubless kit and have never looked back since. i have only ever had one puncture and that was when a rock created a 5mm hole in the tyre.

pros: no flats, no pinch flats, no flats, no pinch flats,
cons: initial setup takes longer than plain old inflating a tube.

Air time erik

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What type of riding are you doing? I wouldn't recommend it for hard DH.

I've been running tubeless minions on mavic 823 UST rims with Stans No Tubes sealant and have now given it away and put DH tubes and regular minions on. Reason being is that since running the tubeless tyres I've split a lot of tyres making them useless to tubeless. So then I put tubes in the tubeless tyres so I didn't waste good tyres but have had a shitty run of pinch flats! I think this is due to the tubeless tyres having thinner/flimsy sidewalls.

I'm sure tubless would be great for cross country or enduro's but I won't be riding it again for DH.

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
Tubeless is the best thing since suspension. Do the ghetto style but use stans sealant like i did and i have had no probs using it in dh.

look at the thread by shorerider or look at the vid on youtube on ghetto tubless.

cheers

edit: just re read your post. tubless has every advatage and pro over tubes but it takes a couple of extra minutes to do it.you can either get ust rims and tires or normal rims and tubes and run tubes.

Last edited: