Try-All 108 Point Freewheel.

trailsnail

Likes Dirt
I realise there is already a topic labeled "Freewheel", I feel it is more about "Front freewheel vs Rear hub".
Please feel free to move this topic if you feel it fits into an existing topic.

Has anybody used one of these yet?
Are there any known problems with them?

Try-All 108 Point Freewheel.

108.9, the new weapon from TRY-ALL. With its high precision mechanism, model 108.9 is the only freewheel in the world to have nine independent pawls, which engage per series of 3 in 36 notches. Total = 108 points of engagement, one engagement every 3.3 degrees of rotation. Zero run out and unequaled number of engagements combines to give the rider fantastic feel. TRY-ALL works together with champions in an effort to offer you the best products.

Wieght: 170 G.
Available sizes: 16T,17T,18T.

Trailsnail :D

wtr

Likes Dirt
And only slightly heavier than the Eno, baby...this is downright sexy.:eek:

Serviceable?

|Matt|

Banned
Zero run out and unequaled number of engagements combines to give the rider fantastic feel. TRY-ALL works together with champions in an effort to offer you the best products.
Industry Nines have 120 :cool:

Those freewheels compatible with Hadley 72pt hubs? Or even better, are the Industry Nines?

donkay

Likes Dirt
Well Ashley (i'm pretty sure that's you)

No one has used these freewheel's yet, as they're still super incredibly new on the market. So even on the Trials forums itself, no one has used it yet....the only rumours that i know of are that the Pro's have busted them

And that's the same with the White Industries Eno 72ept one anyway...a few boys have blown that up too (well, i haven't or the Brissy folks yet)

So you know, give it a go, it's cheaper than a White Industries (as it comes in an aluminium box and tool) and yeah!

Now...let's begin the whole FFW Vs Rear Freewheel engagement point thread..

Basically what matters is, the number of 'clicks' per revolution of the cranks

so eg. if you had a Chris King (72ept) on the rear with a 22-18t ratio, You'd get about 88engagement points per revolution on the cranks

whereas if you had a Front Freewheel System with an Eno (72ept) you'd get a 'true' 72ept per revolution as the mechanism is directly on the cranks itself

So overall, Rear get's more (but more expensive)

(ps. just get the Hope Pro II Trials rear hub, PROVEN STRONG, CHEAP and soo solid in engagement points!)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Basically what matters is, the number of 'clicks' per revolution of the cranks

so eg. if you had a Chris King (72ept) on the rear with a 22-18t ratio, You'd get about 88engagement points per revolution on the cranks

whereas if you had a Front Freewheel System with an Eno (72ept) you'd get a 'true' 72ept per revolution as the mechanism is directly on the cranks itself

So overall, Rear get's more (but more expensive)

(ps. just get the Hope Pro II Trials rear hub, PROVEN STRONG, CHEAP and soo solid in engagement points!)
Very good point.

I'm not big on mod setup, but I'm under the impression that's where the front freewheel setup started, yes?
What's a standard sort of ratio for them?

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
We will have stock of the new Try-All 108.9 freewheels within the next week.
Ill be throwing one on my bike to see how they go.
Price will be about $149

Cheers,

Ben.

donkay

Likes Dirt
Yep, that's where FFW setup would've started from i believe, mods

the most typical ratio for mods are 18-12

or you should see my setup...16-10t drive! ;) bling

http://www.observedtrials.net/otn3/1.9.06 005a.JPG

edit: oh sweet! finally you're able to get hold of the freewheels;) i asked for the freewheels last time, now looks like i'm keen to go for one in the end

Macbeth

NSWMTB
Personally i wouldn't blow $149 on a freewheel.... evers

I have had my king hub for four years, and while i have busted a few bits of it here and there, all were covered by warranty and the way i have it set up now it's bombproof - stainless cassette body and Hd axle.

FFW is lighter, that's why the pro's run it..... And they get free one's whenever they blow one up.....

That's my two cents

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
haha fool!

Tell everyone how much a King hub will rush them... including stainless body and Hd axle

PS. you dont pay for parts on your bike... well you havent paid me anyway!

Macbeth

NSWMTB
That's true I haven't...... Sorry about that Ben, just been working like a dog.... Get it to you this week for sures :D

Anyway, my King cost me about $500 all together.... But that was 4 years ago... I'd like to see anyone get 4 years of seriously solid riding out of anykind of screw on freewheel... Wouldn't happen....

What I really meant to say was, you could spend $149 on a freewheel that nobody has given any long term feedback on, or you could buy an ACS or a White Industries for less than half that price and get some decent mileage out of it....

Not trying to rag on anything anyone sells :D

Spoolin

Likes Dirt
I have been running front freewheels on all 4 of my trials bikes over the past 3-4 years and have only had issues with the cheap ACS's.

Im running a White Industries now (have been for the past year) without any issues.
I am holding a 108pt Tryall one in my hand at the moment... I keep drooling on it! :p

Chris.

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha fool!

Tell everyone how much a King hub will rush them... including stainless body and Hd axle
ROFLCOPTER, Yeah what are you thinking Macbeth, I thought you'd always choose Koxx/Tryall over King just for their superior Warranty and Support??

-Garth

Macbeth

NSWMTB
Yeah that's another thing I guess..... You'll never get a warranty out of Dominic if you break one of those things..... :(

Kings FTW

Macbeth

NSWMTB
Yeah I tried that with the first Vinco.... No luck.... :(

I also tried "this is a clear manufacturing defect, for which the warranty period is 6 months, and I have had the bike for 4 months 22 days"..... No luck either :(

Apparently the warranty time started from when they shipped the bike from France rather than when I purchased it.... Weird :confused:

To be fai though I got a prety good deal on the new one, though I know that Rod and Brett at BiketrialsAustralia ate a bit of the cost on that one too.... Much appreciated :)

if ur after a little more mileage from ur freewheel and this is probs more so for ur ACS its very advisable to weld it shut and it will last at least twice as long but on the other hand u may just rip though it in 2 days instead of 1 so i think its just a financial matter

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
if ur after a little more mileage from ur freewheel and this is probs more so for ur ACS its very advisable to weld it shut and it will last at least twice as long but on the other hand u may just rip though it in 2 days instead of 1 so i think its just a financial matter
And again... in English?

Mate... just a little bit more effort with the posting would be appreciated. The odd period and comma, for instance, would be great. And by the way, MSN/SMS type abreviations are not allowed around here.

Thank you.

Macbeth

NSWMTB
He's Welsh right......??? Wouldn't make sense even in it's unabbreviated form :)

And I don't advise welding things shut on your bike..... What say you Grip....???