Troy Lee D2 sizing?

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im looking at getting a D2
it appears that im in-between sizes

the M/L fits ok except its a little tight along jaw, especially compared to my current M Giro Mad Max, and a Remedy i tried.

on the other hand the XL/XXL D2 is bit too loose overall on the head, a bit too much moving around

Now the question is

If i go with the M/L will the pads around the jaw wear in a bit over time to reduced this tightness? or can i get smaller jaw pads?

If i go with the XL/XXL will the extra pads provided to make the "custom" fit make the helemet that much smaller that it wont move around?

my head is 59-60cm just above my eye brow line

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Your head fits the sizing of a M/L so dont get the XL and space it out.

I found the same thing when i bought my D2 and im not sure if the pads "wear in" or you just get used to it, but i no longer have any issues with my jaw line feeling squashed.

Do you know someone with a m/l D2? just try their's on, as it will be "warn in" and may give you a better idea then trying on a new one.

anthonyma

Likes Dirt
I'll probably get flamed by the fashion police for this, but I'm not sure why you would choose an ill-fitting D2 over a properly-fitting Remedy. A helmet that fits properly will protect your head better than one that doesn't. I think too many people get hung up on whether a helmet says "TLD" on the side. Different people have different shaped heads, and therefore some helmets fit them better than others. I'd get the one that fits the best.

That said, cheek pads in helmets are generally foam padding rather than an impact-absorbing material and do tend to become softer with use. A new helmet should feel tighter around the cheeks than an old helmet. Perhaps do like ajay has suggested and try a D2 that has been used for a while.

S.

ex offender
There used to be a L/XL size between the M/L and XL/XXL sizes (I think), but it's not on their site anymore - what happened to that?