trouble uploading photos

wozza

Likes Bikes
hi ya,ive been trying to upload photos/files via 'manage attachments' & am having no luck-any advise?...please
I choose the file then attempt to upload,however,it wont do it...???

moorey

call me Mia
Gday Wozza,
A few options. Sometimes I just upload onto photobucket or another site, and copy the link into my thread. Otherwise, if you have the pic on your computer (not too large a file size though), are you clicking the icon in the tool bar (with the fonts, bullets etc) that looks like a framed pic that says 'insert image' when you hover over it?
If not, click on that, it will give you the option to select images, choose your pics from your computer, then click 'upload files'. If they are too large, it will give you the dreaded red cross, and you may need to resize them smaller first :thumb:

Buntley

Likes Dirt
Upside down photos

This is doing my head in. Every time I upload a photo off my desktop it loads fine, but its upside down. I've resized it, turned it, spoken harshly to it...no joy.

Can someone lend a hand please.

Plenty of info on uploading, but couldn't find a thread that covers this issue specifically.

moorey

call me Mia
This is doing my head in. Every time I upload a photo off my desktop it loads fine, but its upside down. I've resized it, turned it, spoken harshly to it...no joy.

Plenty of info on uploading, but couldn't find a thread that covers this issue specifically.
Change from northern hemisphere to Southern Hemisphere in settings.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Desktop? Far out granddad.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
My only thought is that there's some orientation metadata that's getting picked up by your computer but not the uploader. So the image is physically upside down but the operating system knows to rotate it so it appears like it's correct to you. I usually use Pinkbike whenever I want to host an image and then just embed it from there.

Buntley

Likes Dirt
Change from northern hemisphere to Southern Hemisphere in settings.
Not helpful.

Desktop? Far out granddad.
I'm not your Granddad Poodle, I could say something rude about your mother, but I won't, use your imagination.
Keep it up and I'll put you over my knee young man!

My only thought is that there's some orientation metadata that's getting picked up by your computer but not the uploader. So the image is physically upside down but the operating system knows to rotate it so it appears like it's correct to you. I usually use Pinkbike whenever I want to host an image and then just embed it from there.
Thanks, I think.