Trend Whores !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesiscold

Likes Dirt
Long Pants.
They piss me off. This isn't moto cross, its mtb. Its too hot to wear them 90% of the time in this country anyway. The funniest is guys with long TLD moto pants which still have the muffler guard thing.

Jazz

Likes Bikes
Long Pants.
They piss me off. This isn't moto cross, its mtb. Its too hot to wear them 90% of the time in this country anyway. The funniest is guys with long TLD moto pants which still have the muffler guard thing.
In Victoria it's cold enough for long pants most of the year, it's only a few months that it is really hot.

Just curious how many people actually care what other people choose to do, I can tell you that I don't care what other people on the mountain are doing, regardless of bike setup, gear, riding style everyone is there to ride. If you are seriously bugged by this stuff you clearly aren't concentrating on your own riding enough!!!

blakie49

Likes Dirt
Not true at all. Trends dont necessarily exist because it's better.

Dual crowns on hardtails?
Lycra in DH?
Monsters/Super Monsters?

Trends, almost by definition, are completely independent of logic, functionality or common sense. Just have a look at all the 15 year olds with 800mm bars at Thirroul or Oxy.
I ride 800s at thirroul. I dont have a problem all you need to do is open your eyes and weave through the trees........

I ride 800s at thirroul. I dont have a problem all you need to do is open your eyes and weave through the trees........
I ride 800's too. i got 800's not because of it being a "trend" but because i found 680 720 etc too small for me. the instant i got the 800's i felt tons more comfortable riding with them.

blakie49

Likes Dirt
I ride my 800s and i cant go to anything smaller!

People say there to big. But you get used to them and have no problems at all navigating through tight tracks.

mtbmakesmehard

Likes Dirt
Long Pants.
if its too hot, then why is your name "jamesiscold"...

Last edited:

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
I have to admit im a little over little groms comming into work who want "put a smaller cog thing on the front" of their bmx. It will change your gearing kiddies, 25 16 is not a good idea:rolleyes:

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hate this "I'm sick coz i don wear no helmet yo" bullshit, Concussion will teach those damn kids a lesson!
You'd think so, but I'm one of the few bmxers that does wear a helmet at my local, and many of the guys that don't have either been concussed or nocked out on several occasions, yet they still insist to ride without a helmet! I don't really care anyway, it's their head, not mine.

low_rb

Likes Dirt
I dont give a shit what anyone ride or how they chose to set it up.

But i do know people that dont ride dj's becuse the bike will get dirty.

as for the slammed seat, i dont like it for my setup, but i do draw the line when people remove the seat pole and use hose clamps to hold the seat to the top tube it just looks friggen stupid.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
I dont give a shit what anyone ride or how they chose to set it up.

But i do know people that dont ride dj's becuse the bike will get dirty.

as for the slammed seat, i dont like it for my setup, but i do draw the line when people remove the seat pole and use hose clamps to hold the seat to the top tube it just looks friggen stupid.
I used a shoe lace and electrical tape ;)

jackthewolverine

Likes Dirt
Ahhhh this thread...what a good read.
But my 2cents. I have heard wide bars are better for your riding but i hate them. I am a small bloke but i love my bars which are smaller then most.

crazy-man

Likes Dirt
funniest thing is little kids with bars wider than there height. obviously struggling to reach there grips, they do it because pro no.1 said he likes his bars super wide. i run 750's because i'm big enough to run 750 and there comfortable. not because mr. pro downhill dirt jumper does.:cool:

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i find the whole lycra in dh makes you faster cos of less wind resistance thingo. its downhill, why not brake a little less?

although at places like canberra it may have the sightest, slightest benefit, but super steep european tracks? please...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.