Rear hub - Nukeproof Horizon v2
Front rim - Sunringle
Rear rim - Nukeproof Horizon v2
Spokes -
Nipples -
Tyres - Hutchinson Griffus 2.5 front, 2.4 rear
Tubes -
Total weight - roughly 17kg.

Have a one up chainguide, protaper 50mm rise, 450lb spring to throw on soon.

IMG_1057.jpeg

Now that is what call a damn fine first post!
Was keen get one of these raw alloy frames at one point but Super Sports had NFI on etas for XL sizes.
Keen to hear more about the NSR Mezzer.
The NSR is worth every dollar! My bushings were so tight that he didn’t even take down my settings. I’m still in the process of dialing in as pressures of 3-4psi can make a difference. Prior to the tune i was at 65 main /85 IRT. Right now I’m at 54/79( 170mm travel 87kg kitted. Major drop of psi and both at 24-25% sag. May increase the psi abit for that 22% as I’m going a little faster and don’t want to dip too much. The initial supplness is excellent and its stability through rock gardens is killer. Would love other peoples insight to the mezzer setup!! I’ve read about RRT and Douglas tune, it was just easier to send to Nigel in tassie. Waiting for him to work on a tune for the super deluxe coils ( apparently 6 weeks out)

What made you go Spire over Patrol?
I initially had the Sentinel V2 alloy, Patrol was never on my mind since I wanted an all rounder/all mountain. I started to follow the trend of big travel bikes and had someone wanting to swap their spire for my sentinel. One of the best swaps as the spire is a machine. Pedals just as well uphill but is on roids on the downs. I installed a +1 headset angle to help with the tight switchbacks and it honestly made the spire a do it all bike( I know I’m definitely over-biked). Stack is definitely on the lower side so gonna chuck on the 50mm rise bars with +10mm rise stem for my lower back.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
The NSR is worth every dollar! My bushings were so tight that he didn’t even take down my settings. I’m still in the process of dialing in as pressures of 3-4psi can make a difference. Prior to the tune i was at 65 main /85 IRT. Right now I’m at 54/79( 170mm travel 87kg kitted. Major drop of psi and both at 24-25% sag. May increase the psi abit for that 22% as I’m going a little faster and don’t want to dip too much. The initial supplness is excellent and its stability through rock gardens is killer. Would love other peoples insight to the mezzer setup!! I’ve read about RRT and Douglas tune, it was just easier to send to Nigel in tassie. Waiting for him to work on a tune for the super deluxe coils ( apparently 6 weeks out)
Good choice sending it to Nigel. RRT is the standard damper with the main benefit coming from polishing and correctly sized bushings. AFAIK both Nigel and Dougal put in a high flow piston that changes the rebound damping from progressive to linear with shim stacks to suit (plus sized bushings and polishing). Dougals prices have jumped somewhat plus the extra shipping makes Nigel's awesome work even more appealing! Getting those bushings sized appropriately is key to getting any fork set up properly @Jpez ;)

Good choice sending it to Nigel. RRT is the standard damper with the main benefit coming from polishing and correctly sized bushings. AFAIK both Nigel and Dougal put in a high flow piston that changes the rebound damping from progressive to linear with shim stacks to suit (plus sized bushings and polishing). Dougals prices have jumped somewhat plus the extra shipping makes Nigel's awesome work even more appealing! Getting those bushings sized appropriately is key to getting any fork set up properly @Jpez ;)
Mate had the new Rockshox vivid tuned by NSR and that made me contemplate switching to air! Dougls work does look solid but agree the prices are abit up there.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
How much is the NSR Mezzer treatment if you don't mind telling?

The website says very little about what's available.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
That’s good to hear about the SDU, happy with mine at stock but tempted to try some custom work when service time comes. Bike looks awesome.:cool:

Update:
Installed the 50mm rise bars and one up chain guide. Played with the suspension settings of the mezzer and prefer it more plush/ soft so afew psi less than the manitou recommendations. Tried the 450lb coil (think that was 28% sag) and was abit too firm for my liking. Will continue with the 425 till there’s a tune available for the deluxe. Forgot to add.. installed trickstuff power pads and holy shit… the galfer purple pads are already impressive but power is more readily available on these trickstuff.Hopefully these last as long as the galfers.
IMG_1075.jpeg

Last edited: