Trance X 29er 1 x 11 Conversion

mtb1611

Seymour
Greetings.
CRC currently have a cracking deal on the Shimano XT 1 x 11 conversion and I'm thinking of purchasing one to convert my 2013 Giant Trance X 29er from 2 x 10. Currently running 24-32 chainrings and a 11-36 cassette with 175mm cranks. Looking at the kit the cassette is 11-42 with chainring options being 30, 32 and 34. Has anyone performed a conversion using this particualr kit and if so, what were the hurdles you faced and what additional parts were required? Reading all the FAQ's it looks pretty straightforward in terms of compatiability with new cranks and existing bottom bracket, just wondering as to whether I'd need a new cassette body and - given the cassette range, which chainring would be most apt.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers

Scotty675

Cable thief
I just grabbed an xt 1 x 11 groupset from crc myself, great price. Should be no problems at all with changeover. Cassette should fit straight on existing hub. I went with 34t and with a 42 rear cassette I will be a lot lower gearing than used to. My 1x10 setups I run 34t with 11-34 cassette. Gearing is a totally personal choice though. You can do the maths with ratios if you want to. I hope to have mine built in a few weeks so will let you no how it goes.

mtb1611

Seymour
I just grabbed an xt 1 x 11 groupset from crc myself, great price. Should be no problems at all with changeover. Cassette should fit straight on existing hub. I went with 34t and with a 42 rear cassette I will be a lot lower gearing than used to. My 1x10 setups I run 34t with 11-34 cassette. Gearing is a totally personal choice though. You can do the maths with ratios if you want to. I hope to have mine built in a few weeks so will let you no how it goes.
Thanks @Scotty675 much appreciated, have gone with the 32 tooth option after comparing current ratios to the 32 and 34 options - price was ridiculous! We'll compare notes in a few weeks.
Thanks again!

There is an app on android play "Gear Calculator" You can input there numbers of teeth of your current setup and alternative gears, to see which gears you actually use the most currently, and which it will correspond to on new drivetrain. This will give you precise understanding which chainring to pick.