Trance advanced SX.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So i have had this for a couple of months now, and its fair to say it lives up to the hype.
Amazing ride. Very versatile with the 160/140mm forks. I can leave it in 140/140 for trail duties, and then wind out the forks for more gnarly terrain.

Float X seems to be a great improvement over the regular Float. Xo1 is flawless. Silent in the rough stuff, and perfect gear range so far.
Only future upgrades i can think of would be potentially a Carbon bar ( although the standard bar is only 230g and 730 wide) and maybe a lighter stiffer wheelset.
All down the track so far. Everything is hunky dory as they say.

As for 650b: definitely feel different to 26. Not quite as quick steering, but definitely hold speed better and seem to have better traction.
Stoked.
Pictures:

VEX33D

Likes Dirt
Sleek looking, stealthy AM bomber...

Great package out of the box, love the simplicity of the SRAM X01.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah such a clean looking bike without the front Dr and internally routed cables.
Imagine how stealth it would be with a black Pike..... :thumb:

teK--

Eats Squid
Looks great! Is that a medium and have you put it on the scales yet?

It's interesting you say you want stiffer wheels I thought the Advanced would have come with the TRX-0 carbons and be plenty stiff. To what wheels are you making the comparison? Coming from 26er I haven't noticed too much of a difference in stiffness.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think these wheels are the same as yours. They are frustratingly not the Carbon wheels. The PTRX1s or something like that??
they arent terrible, but coming from a 26" Crossmax i definately notice some flex in hard cornering.

The frame is a large, and they are a big large haha. Probably could have gone a medium....
I think without pedals a medium is 12.2kgs as standard. Pretty good really. The carbon frame is really chunky as it meets up with the headtube.
There is nothing flimsy about the frame!

teK--

Eats Squid
Sounds good the frames look overbuilt for sure; I've seen some carbon Trances take some serious punishment. Just put some frameskin on the downtube otherwise the stonechips will make light work of the clearcoat.

Looks like only the Trance Advanced (non SX) has the TRX-0 carbon rims. Given the choice I'd prefer to run alloys on this type of bike. Unless they were carbon Enves :)