Training plans from now until 24hr Solo World's in October 2010

jnatera

Likes Bikes
What are people's training plans from now until the World 24hr Solo Champs in October? i.e How many sessions per day/week and percentage of road vs mtb riding during training?

Just interested in what people will be doing.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Consistency is the name of the game for me, ave around 13-15hrs per week. I don't worry about kilometers too much because it can lead to junk Ks. Break down btw mtb and road again not too fussed. I live in an area that has good ridable access to both flat terrain and ungodly like hills that could make a grown man cry (north of Melbourne)

quiggs

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are people's training plans from now until the World 24hr Solo Champs in October? i.e How many sessions per day/week and percentage of road vs mtb riding during training?

Just interested in what people will be doing.
For the rest of this week - the plan is to just keep eating junk food - then I might think about getting back into something resembling a training regieme... just before solo nats the coach at my university gym gave me a weights plan which involves plenty of upper body work to try and balance out the leg work of the bike - after solo nats I've come to realise upper body strength and endurance is alot more important than I first thought

I'll clean the diet up again abviously

I'm also trying to get into the habit of doing a dailly core workout: push ups, sit ups, lower back stretches - apparently thats quite important to overall health and wellbeing - not just to bike riding

Also, lots of time MTBing... plenty of hills for cardio - and a bit of more AM/DH orientated stuff for technical skills

God forbid, I might buy a roadie - and I thought lycra was bad!