trainer pain...

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
gday,

ok ive jsut about had it.... to put it bluntly when riding on the trainer i get really sore nads. this normally lasts for at least a dat or 2 after training. its hell.

ive tried seat up, back, nose up , nose down and 3 diff saddles. all the same issue. can anyone give any advice on a setup that would help? i found that seat forward helped but then my knees hurt :( also as seat comes forward does it also have to go up?

other thought is it could be knicks. ive lost about 5 kilos in the last 3 months and now my knicks are loose around my waste a little ( but still tight around my legs) is it possible that could be the issue?

i neer really used to get this issue till i had my stack, took some time off and lost the weight.... at the moment im about ready to take a permanent holiday from the bike :(

any help much appreciated!

junior

get out of my grill
Hey when i train on my rollers I find ya package goes numb but its only from not being able to stand up cause when i broke my collar bones and was road riding i couldnt stand up it would happen then aswell. and you wanna make sure your knicks are holding everything firm... don't wanna be sitting on your nads otherwise there gonna get sore for sure.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
yeah tom's right. when youre puttin the k's in on the road, you don't realise how much you still move around/freewheel/climb out of the saddle, etc. when you're just sitting on the trainer, you're pretty much pedalling non stop without any relief. to be honest, i've found it takes a good couple of weeks of solid riding on a trainer before my nads get used to it.

whether i can still have kids or not is another story :rolleyes:

liamo

Likes Dirt
when riding on the trainer i get really sore nads. this normally lasts for at least a dat or 2 after training. its hell.
other thought is it could be knicks. ive lost about 5 kilos in the last 3 months and now my knicks are loose around my waste a little ( but still tight around my legs) is it possible that could be the issue?
It's possible, but what is the nature of the pain? Unless it's a chafing issue, knicks really shouldn't be a factor. The time in the saddle is so short (although, you don't mention how long you are on the trainer for).

Is it a bruising/muscular pain or more of a numb pain/nerve problem? Either way, it's more likely to be a positioning thing, you sound like you've played with the riding position a fair bit so doubt there's much you'll be able to do there.

The only thing that springs to mind is trying a few different heights under the front wheel. If you found moving the seat forward helped your nuts but hurt your knees then try lifting the front wheel 1/2 to 1". This could take some weight off the front of the saddle (more onto your sit bones) without changing the saddle/cranks/bars angles (so your knees shouldn't be affected). You may need to play a bit with the seat angle to ensure that the nose doesn't just point into the fellas.

Moving position as much as possible should also help. Stand up, ride with your hands on the hoods, drops and flats, sit up and pedal with a straight back for a while (although that could aggravate the problem). Try not to get stuck in the one position.

Anyway, good luck with it :eek:

Oh, and please tell me you meant to write waist. When I first read that I had a particularly icky mental image...

Liam

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
but what is the nature of the pain?
its like ive been kicked in the nuts, like a bruising pain.

trying a few different heights under the front wheel
ive tried that as well, infact i did hill trianing on the trainer (raised front wheel) and it seems to make the issue worse... however ive tried with raised and lowered front wheel (i used old wedding magazines from the mrs to set the height), it doesnt seem to change much as far as pain goes.

not being able to stand up
you're pretty much pedalling non stop without any relief.
i do stand, every 5 mins or so, possibly not enough tho....

please tell me you meant to write waist
correct! :eek:

liamo

Likes Dirt
ive tried with raised and lowered front wheel (i used old wedding magazines from the mrs to set the height), it doesnt seem to change much as far as pain goes.
Sorry, I'm all of ideas then. If you never had the problems before the break it is possible it's just your body freakin out at something it's not used to. Do you have any problems when you ride outside?

Why are you using the trainer anyway? Daylight savings is in effect, it should be easy enough to ride outside?

Liam

rex2

Likes Bikes
I have a set of rollers as well as a mag trainer and have noticed that when using the mag trainer (including raising the front wheel) I suffer from cyclist penis after about 30 mins but have no issues when on the rollers. It must be the bike movement on the rollers that helps out my bits I figure. I have never done longer than an hour on the rollers so I am not sure about long sessions.

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
Do you have any problems when you ride outside?

Why are you using the trainer anyway? Daylight savings is in effect, it should be easy enough to ride outside?

Liam
comes own to hours of work and pleaseing the mrs by being " home"