Trail proposal for comment

J.R.

Squid
Schoey, I think apathetic best describes the councils views on escarpment trails at the moment. At one time someone in power obviously had a vision of using Twba's unique escarpment as an asset, however whoever's calling the shots at the moment obviously doesn't share the same veiws. They need to take a look at other regions and start viewing mtber's and all trail users as an asset and not a problem.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gents,

I remember the councel closed that track due to a massive hole opening up in the ground. I remember when they first closed it off I went and checked out the hole and you could throw a rock down it and a few seconds would pass before you would hear a sound. Not sure if the hole is still there though.

J.R.

Squid
Sounds like a unique trail feature - rail the berm, over the log rollover watching out for the black hole.........:distrust:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like a unique trail feature - rail the berm, over the log rollover watching out for the black hole.........:distrust:
I like your thinking........

All those unwanted pets and children will suddenly be forced to take up mountain biking.

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
mud bath down there today

Hi Pete,

Could be a mud bath down there today.
Should be able to go for a walk on the weekend and see what can be done, as far as the deed goes I don't know where thats at, probably best giving one of the execs a nudge.
Maybe after it gets dried out a bit? Don't mind a bit of rain, but I think it is probably pretty bad there at the moment.

What do you think?

Matt

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Hi Pete,

Could be a mud bath down there today.

Maybe after it gets dried out a bit? Don't mind a bit of rain, but I think it is probably pretty bad there at the moment.

What do you think?

Matt
Yeh happy to leave it for the moment , let the execs sort out the deed then have a look at what can be done, Ive also started another thread to try and get some momentum for work to be done to get the rollercat "race ready" so a bit of my time will be spent down in that area when it drys up.

Which part of it mate?
Yeah, sorry that was a bit ambiguous.

Did anyone suss out the old walking trail that had been shut down by the council? It may or may not be able to be used as track, but it could be useful to check it out to see what areas have failed and work out why they have failed. That info may help with maintenance and design of the other tracks on the hill.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Yeah, sorry that was a bit ambiguous.

Did anyone suss out the old walking trail that had been shut down by the council? It may or may not be able to be used as track, but it could be useful to check it out to see what areas have failed and work out why they have failed. That info may help with maintenance and design of the other tracks on the hill.
Right...I walked that track quite awhile ago and there is the waterfall that it passes across which is a very nice feature but not far from the waterfall a hole had opened up and if you dropped a rock down you could here it fall quite some distance, I'm not sure if this hole caused concern as to the stability of the trail which ultimately closed it down.
I know the club is hoping to put a trail through there somewhere but I don't think it will include that section of old track although it would be good to know exactly why they closed it and if we could be allowed to revamp it as a mtb track.