Trail Maintenance Day 12th November

louispijpers

model citizen
Hi all,

At the meeting tonight it was proposed that we hold a trail maintenance day at Jubilee Park for the cross country circuits and downhill track.
The agreed on date was to be the 13th November, however there is a DH runs day happening then.

We will be having a maintenance day as the title suggests at frenzy on the 12th November starting at 2:00pm
Where: We will meet at the bottom gazebo on Amos Rd.
What to bring: Whippersnippers, rakes, shovels, maddocks and anything else that you think may help.
Please post up if you are able to make it. We will most likely split up so we can tend to the XC trails and also the DH track.

Regards,

Louis Pijpers

Last edited:

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I might be able come, but i may be a tad late as I have to work.
Edit, sorry guys i can't make it.

Last edited:

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Should be right for 2pm , what are the jobs that take priority/who wants to get what done?

Last edited:

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
I'm going to try to get down there for a couple of hours.

Loosing the scafolding -- has to go back to the owner --so fighting to get the painting finished.

Man am I sick of painting.

Matt

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I will be there. Jobs that Pete Jason and I have identified inlcude:

Turkey
removal of bottom tree which causes confusion, berming of two corners on top section and general bencing in on problem sections.
Maybe construction of joining trail between gazebo and rollercat entry.

Rollercat
Trim back with weedeater.

I will bring a line trimmer and tools.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Does any one know if council went ahead with their burn off yesterday?
If they did the tracks could have sustained a bit of damage, as mentioned a couple of days ago there was a tree or two down on the top of the frenzy after they did that section.

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
HI Pete and others

We rode down from bridge st this morning, until we encountered a sign saying "park closed" in the small clearing
with the track leading down to the grassy knoll. No sign of fire at that point. We turned round, came back up and
rode redwood instead.

So the maintenance day is a go?

Matt

louispijpers

model citizen
HI Pete and others

We rode down from bridge st this morning, until we encountered a sign saying "park closed" in the small clearing
with the track leading down to the grassy knoll. No sign of fire at that point. We turned round, came back up and
rode redwood instead.

So the maintenance day is a go?

Matt
I messaged Jiel and he said he talked to the council and they are ok with us doing maintainence. So the track maintainence this afternoon is still on. Cheers

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks to everyone who made track maintenance. Best turn out in ages.

Big thanks to Scott and Anthony for trimming Rollercat (Sorry Anthony Scott's name first as he is a club member ;)

Connection trail is almost complete with a bit of benching.

Big thanks to Jiel for bringing the after work refereshments which on a hot day tasted good.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
We didn't get time to have a look at The Gobbler but it needs a couple of people to walk it and assess how much damage has been done and what has to be fixed before its safe to ride again, I am tied up this morning but might be able to have a look late this arv, if any one else has a look at it sooner post up its condition.
The club might have to make it a priority to get it fixed asap

Last edited:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went down Gobbler yesterday. I got halfway down near the great wall and a large tree has fall over the track. It will need a chainsaw. Up to this point things were quite good. A little bit of modifying of some of the rollovers will be required but overall okay. Beware of the fallen tree as it has a bee hive on it with a million bees. It is also burning slowly. Can someone arrange for one of the rangers to walk through gobbler to remove it and any other tree further down that I could not see? Matt are you the person for this given your new role or Jiel?

Maintaince Day

Hi guys
Haven't been able to help out as end of year kids school commitments and family stuff as well as builders renovating at home. Is it possible for someone to put up a list of any outstanding maintaince required in Jubilee or can we start on the Rollercat extension from the Gazebo.If I get some free time, I might be able to get some stuff done.
MPM

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Lloyd,

The extention from the Gazebo to Crebra has been cleared all the way through but still needs more raking and weedeating on the top part as well as the odd tree needing to be removed. It will also need some benching in spots which you will be able to identify fairly quickly if you ride it.

Cheers
Ryan

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thought i would put this in here too so the word gets around.

Dave, Pijpo & I rode turkey & rollercat this afternoon. There are approx 10 trees down on Turkey. Looks like Graham or one of the rangers have made a start up the top clearing the fallen trees. The worst of it is from the great wall down. A few of the log rollovers are damaged as previously mentioned, but should not take much to fix up. The track also seems very loose, could be a combination of the heat from the fire & some ash.

There are no 'closed' signs up but the fire is still burning in some parts & as a result feels very hot down there.

Again, take care down there & post up if you notice any changes.