Trading access FAQ

Kata

Likes Bikes

7. What should I do if my application was denied?

Read the rules again, pay careful attention to the "how to apply" steps, and apply again. Make it VERY clear that you have read the rules, which is done most obviously by CITING a few of them. If you come across as an idiot again, or show no evidence of having read the rules again, your application will be denied again.
Hi Administrators,

I applied for trading access on the 4th of October and I am assuming that since I don't have access it is because my first attempt was unsuccessful. I have read everything I can on Farkin about trading access and I am keen to reapply, but I can't work out how to do it?

If I click on the link on the How To Gain Trading Access page, which originally took me to the blank text field, it just takes me to my first completed application. I can't see how to edit or delete this so I can reapply.

My apologies if I am missing something obvious, I am normally reasonably computer savvy. If anyone can advise how I go about reapplying that would be appreciated.

S.

ex offender
Hi Administrators,

I applied for trading access on the 4th of October and I am assuming that since I don't have access it is because my first attempt was unsuccessful. I have read everything I can on Farkin about trading access and I am keen to reapply, but I can't work out how to do it?

If I click on the link on the How To Gain Trading Access page, which originally took me to the blank text field, it just takes me to my first completed application. I can't see how to edit or delete this so I can reapply.

My apologies if I am missing something obvious, I am normally reasonably computer savvy. If anyone can advise how I go about reapplying that would be appreciated.

You have access already mate. If for some reason you still can't post in the trading forums, let me know - however at a guess I'd say you tried to post there before your application got approved. It might have gotten approved this morning for all I know, as there are no outstanding applications awaiting processing, but you should have access now.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
I did 70 odd applications this morning. Kata's was approved. Happy trading, mate.

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
Guys, apologies... I hit SEND on the application before I'd typed anything worthwhile. Can someone reset that when they get a chance as now it's locked out for me.

Yeah, about that career in IT I've been pursuiing for 8 yrs... time for a rethink. :eek:

Thanks.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Guys, apologies... I hit SEND on the application before I'd typed anything worthwhile. Can someone reset that when they get a chance as now it's locked out for me.

Yeah, about that career in IT I've been pursuiing for 8 yrs... time for a rethink. :eek:

Thanks.
Done.:)

If it makes you feel any better, you made it one word further than the other guy who seems to have had the same problem.

Hi Admins,
I applied last night for TA, but made the mistake of not reading, well, entirely ALL the way to the bottom, so when I filled out that box I presumed it was just the title box and once I submitted that I was going to go to the main app form to fill out the rest. I was wrong, this didn't happen so my application is a one liner. Perhaps I did fail the first test, but I'm back!
I have read the rules and promise to do my best to not behave like a moron and understand the risks of trading on the internet, with or without iTrader. Please accept me despite my obvious shortcomings, I'm not after unconditional love, but a bit of T&A would go down a treat.
Best Regards,
Buckerooni.

bomb-r

Likes Bikes
Hi Farks,

Just a short note - sorry for adding another junk appn to your pile of junk appns. What a pain in the ass that job must be.

Seriously fellas, this is the best mtb forum site on the web... if they don't already reflect it, you've got to jack up your ad rates and bring on payday - employ a part-time lacky to screen out the rubbish! How sweet would that be?

red28

Likes Bikes
Probably put this in the wrong place, so may as well remove it.

Please feel free to remove this post from the thread as it is obviously off topic.

Last edited:

Dakine

Likes Bikes
yeah you need to get some posts up. anyone can write a decent trading access message but if you dont have any or many posts (less than 10) then the mods just generally over look the application because they do not no whether or not you are a worth while member. please correct me if i am wrong but i think that is the case.

I have had trading access but have been over seas for a while, now I have returned and I have no trading access and cant get an answer to what happened or how to fix it. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I cant even get to the application page to re-apply

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
I have had trading access but have been over seas for a while, now I have returned and I have no trading access and cant get an answer to what happened or how to fix it. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I cant even get to the application page to re-apply
How do you know you don't have access?
Is it the lack of an itrader icon?
No one has that now ...

<|StreetMeat|>

Likes Dirt
I have applied for trading access. i get as far as pressing join group. and then it says that you cannot apply for this group as it is not publicly accesible.

here:

is this correct? can any mods help me out?

Bodin

GMBC
It's really very simple.

We want you to show that you can spell, make sense, contribute to the forum in a positive way and demonstrate that you'll take notice of the rules. If you don't have trading access, it's because you haven't done these simple things.

Here's a great example:

I have read, fully understand and will abide by your given rules regarding Trading Access, including the use of the provided templates, objection to the selling of grey imports, the limitations of 'bumping' and the updating of item status. Thanks.
It really is very simple. I can't believe this is so hard to understand... :confused:

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
I have applied for trading access. i get as far as pressing join group. and then it says that you cannot apply for this group as it is not publicly accesible.

here:

is this correct? can any mods help me out?

This comes up when you already have an application for trading access in with us and then try and apply again.

You've just been accepted now.

I've also just done 60 odd requests and the queue is now empty. If you don't have trading access as of this post's time then you missed out and need to apply again.