Tracks in Merimbula

ridemtbsnow

Likes Bikes
We are heading over to Merimbula for a week and I'm hoping to find some trails. Where should I start looking when I'm there?

Cheers

tim_d

Likes Dirt
PM Giant_for_life or Ron . They live down there and would most likely be able to show you around.

Benduro

Likes Dirt
Bermagui (just up the road) has a mountain bike park I think...Due to the fact the surf is almost always non-exisistant in the area I think I'll be taking the MTB when we head to Merimbula @ Easter.

m_g

Likes Dirt
there is a fun bike park at mandeni resort (i think its on sapphire coast rd)-google it...its 5 bucks but plenty of fun for a half day

spiderpig

Likes Dirt
there is a fun bike park at mandeni resort (i think its on sapphire coast rd)-google it...its 5 bucks but plenty of fun for a half day
+1

Have been to this place a couple of times when ive been down to visit the olds and its quite a good track. Plenty of variety, jumps, log rides etc and a couple of laps makes for a nice ride.

ridemtbsnow

Likes Bikes
Well we went to Merimbula and searched for trails...we didn't find any. We even went to the local bike shop and they had no idea!

We rode Mandeni and the bloke there really talked up the track saying "it's one of the best tracks in NSW!" It was good but not the best I have ridden. Maybe we are just spoilt becaue of the awesome trails we have here in Bright?

prklcd

Likes Dirt
Well we went to Merimbula and searched for trails...we didn't find any. We even went to the local bike shop and they had no idea!

We rode Mandeni and the bloke there really talked up the track saying "it's one of the best tracks in NSW!" It was good but not the best I have ridden. Maybe we are just spoilt becaue of the awesome trails we have here in Bright?
Just got back from Merimbula. You're right, there isn't much around the area. However I thought Mandeni was good fun for a few hours. The guy was talking up the trail to me as well. He told me to take it easy for the first lap as it can get pretty scary in parts......I don't know what he was on. I was with my GF and she killed the course and that's saying something.

The skill park was good fun - spent some time practicing my "skills" there.

harryp2

Likes Bikes
Bermagui (just up the road) has a mountain bike park I think...Due to the fact the surf is almost always non-exisistant in the area I think I'll be taking the MTB when we head to Merimbula @ Easter.
yea the dirtsurfers track is at bermagui. and if you can be botherd
theres mount dromadery (unsure of spelling) in tilba bit further up
but a pretty decent ride. i whish there was more around though

tim_d

Likes Dirt
yea the dirtsurfers track is at bermagui. and if you can be botherd
theres mount dromadery (unsure of spelling) in tilba bit further up
but a pretty decent ride. i whish there was more around though
I'm local here and Mt Drom is an awesome ride. Around 7-10 mins flat out dh. I think around 7kms...? So fun but not really worth the hour and a half push up all that often:p Plus its about 30kms on the road to get back home (Narooma). It is probably shuttle-able but it is a hell of a rough drive up so only for the big 4wds. The walking track is far more fun to ride down than the driveable side but yeah be careful of walkers.

Drom is like 100km from merimbula anyway. The Bermi loop is pretty good though but again its pretty far to go if you're staying in Merimbula.

harryp2

Likes Bikes
yea true its a pretty fair hike from merimbula but i suppose if youre in the area and you can be botherd go for it.
the walking track is all ive ridden, i didnt even realise there was a driving track out the back? or did i misunderstand you :) and yea i got to berma got all excited for a nice set of djs or something and ended up finding out it was xc. fair ride though

tim_d

Likes Dirt
Yeah up the top of the walking track you go straight across and there is a 4wheel drive track down the other side. Don't get me wrong its not a fire road and you won't be getting a trailer up there. Really rough and slippery. I've only heard of one guy being able to ride a pushy up it - and thats a light arse xc bike not anything you'd be pinning down the hill on lol.
Fairly common to see big trees across as well.
You can get to it from Wagonga scenic drive off the old highway near Narooma. Theres lots of signs:p

Oh and I'm mates with the bermi dirt surfers presidents son and apparently a Dj set is being planned and they just have to get the machinery in there. Also an extremely techy Rock garden and log ride which is built pretty fun and is going to be opened to the public pretty soon. So it's getting better slowly haha.

Last edited:

C.Forsyth

Likes Bikes
Looking for some single track in the merimbula area. Hopefully in the last 4 years since any one has posted there has been some tracks made. Riding on these roads during the holidays sux.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Was there in September. Mandenai trails are good fun. The XC loop is approx 11k's and if you ride it fast, it's a good hit out.
GO TO TATHRA!! Best trails on the South Coast. Grab a map from the bike and beach shop in Tathra and enjoy some great riding. Just one thing, bring your climbing legs!