Track Maintenance Day 26th August

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
The date will not be the 26th but will most likly be 2nd September due to State Champs,will confirm on Wednesday.
The club will be holding a Track Maintenance Day 26th August with the time to be confirmed on Wednesday night at the DH meeting. On the day we will be focusing mainly on the repairs to the Frenzy but also we need to finish The Reaper to meet council requests.
With the focus mainly on The Frenzy we need to see a strong showing from the DH riders both at the meeting on Wednesday night and also on the maintenance day, the council have made it clear that we need to control the erosion issues starting to affect the track and if we don't address these immediatly its going to make it hard for the club to negoiate a possible new DH track and even to go as far as closing the Frenzy due to safety.
Whilst the club will do its best we need volunteers to get work done and keep our tracks in top condition.

I will update everyone with a list of priorities and a plan of action after wednesday night.

Last edited:

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

As Pete says, the council are very concerned that they see concerted, effective action from the club occuring as regards erosion control on the Frenzy -- or we will loose it.

We really need to get some traction with implementing measures ranging from re-forming some sections of trail to prevent water from accumulating
and rushing down the track -- to actually tiling some sections and using concrete.

Now, there is quite a lot of work to do -- and we can't get it all done on the next maintenance day. If we act in good faith and start working fairly consistently towards fixing it,
our efforts will be well regarded.

Get involved, and make sure it is effective and good to ride! Ignore it, and the problem will not go away -- the Frenzy will go away instead.

Kind regards

Matt

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
Hey Fellas

Just wanted to remind you that 2nd September has been earmarked for the 50km enduro in Jubilee & surrounds (pre-Epic hitout).

Not sure if this potential clash of dates with the DH maintenance day is a problem?

Perry

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Hey Fellas

Just wanted to remind you that 2nd September has been earmarked for the 50km enduro in Jubilee & surrounds (pre-Epic hitout).

Not sure if this potential clash of dates with the DH maintenance day is a problem?

Perry
My apologies, I was a bit hasty about getting a date out there for th DH maintenance and should have done a bit more research into upcoming events as there seems to be quite a few(good thing). I will have a look at the calender and discuss options on Wednesday night.
Peter Young