Tolosa (Hobart) - All you need to know.

apagick09

Squid
Tolosa Hobart All you need to know

That is a good question. To he honest, I dont know. I really dont know. I think that if you have a cab standing in front of the airport it will be fine. Because there can only come cabs who have a special airport-licence. But if you want to know for sure youll have a "save" cab, you can always ask the airport-personnel.

datnat

Likes Dirt
I am back in Hobart at the moment and took a sneaky look around the bottom area of the bike park this arvo. I must say its pretty impressive, a lot steeper than I expected and looks like a fun way to spend a sunny arvo! Well done to the crew who built/maintain it, definately worth bringing the bike over next time.
Took planty of happy snaps too;)

Tommo

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
should mention that there is accommodation on the brooker highway like 10 mins drive away.

Tolosa is awesome. i ride there every chance i can. The DH is a great track even if your on a hardtail and the DJ's are great to. Respect to the people who maintain them. :cool:

Spotty

Likes Dirt
Tolosa is awesome. i ride there every chance i can. The DH is a great track even if your on a hardtail and the DJ's are great to. Respect to the people who maintain them. :cool:
Awesome! :D Just what I needed to hear, taking my HT down their at chrissy!

Whats the track like on a hardtail?

ashward

Squid
Awesome! :D Just what I needed to hear, taking my HT down their at chrissy!

Whats the track like on a hardtail?
haven't ridden it on a hardtail but the top section does get a little rocky in bits, but apart from that tho would still be great fun, there are guys that race it on hardtails so it's definitely doable!

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Coming to Tasmania at the end of the week for 7 to 10 days was going to do a few push runs of Tolosa but also looking for other DH tracks I can shuttle on. Dosnt matter were in the state they are plan to see most of it and have good 4wd if the shuttle road is rought. Cheers for any info.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coming to Tasmania at the end of the week for 7 to 10 days was going to do a few push runs of Tolosa but also looking for other DH tracks I can shuttle on. Dosnt matter were in the state they are plan to see most of it and have good 4wd if the shuttle road is rought. Cheers for any info.
have a search for Clarance MTB Park, the Lea (i think it's scout camp) and also there is a 4wd style track that goes from Mt Wellignton to Glenorchy(I was told it would link up by the start of 2011)

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Heading down from Melb. next week

Coming down at the end of next week and cant wait. Keen for some shuttles during 19th - 23rd weather permitting - will have my Kluger - so if there is a local who's up for showing us a few of the trails that'd be awesome! Plan to do a few runs on Mt Wellington...

PM me if you wanna join me...

dylan s

Likes Dirt
Coming down at the end of next week and cant wait. Keen for some shuttles during 19th - 23rd weather permitting - will have my Kluger - so if there is a local who's up for showing us a few of the trails that'd be awesome! Plan to do a few runs on Mt Wellington...

PM me if you wanna join me...
State champs are on at tolosa on the 20th. Perfect opportunity to get a day of riding at tolosa with shuttles.

Great sticky! Tolosa is a great mtb park, but at the moment we are having trouble with people riding motorbikes through the park endangering riders/walkers and destroying the trails and dirt jumps. Just recently the brand new dirt jump built by dirt art were ruined by a group of motorcyclists who seemed to get some sick pleasure of sitting on top of the lip and doing a burnout. If you know anyone that does this tell them to stop! If you see anyone doing it tell the rangers! It needs to stop!

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
I'm heading to Hobart for a week in the holidays with my Family and can only Bring my Remedy with Lyriks (150mm rear - 160mm front)
Would it be possible to ride the Tolosa DH track?

I've ridden DH before and own a Trek Session, which I unfortunately can't bring, so is it possible?

Also are there any other trails I should think about hitting up that a 6" Duallie can handle?

nathanm

Eats Squid
Yep that bike will be fine for Tolosa DH track. It's pretty gnarly but you can make it down on a ht or am rig, though not as fast.

Definitely Mount Wellington, North South track first as a priority, then any of the other legal tracks. Shoot us a PM and I'll hook you up with some guys for shuttling on the weekend if that's your interest.

mint355

Likes Dirt
Was in Hobart last week hit the NorthSouth track down to glenorcy bike park 4 times in a week Loved it. Props to the guys maintaining it great track here's proof cheersImageUploadedByTapatalk1353382881.862563.jpg

Last edited:

Pete Cornelius

Likes Bikes
Yeah tassy sure has some great rides! and will only be getting better & better. Im heading to the Meehan Ranges this weekend, see ya on the trail