tMTBs Ep 3 The Hidden Valley Epic, top tips on MTB photos

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Episode 3: Hidden Valley Epic, Shooting MTB with your camera

Listen here...(best if you right click and "Save As" to download it for smooth playing!

Here is the link for those using iTunes:
Click to go to the page and subscribe...

Show notes:

Songs

Songs from this show were brought to you by http://promonet.iodalliance.com/login.php

Song 1
Roadsaw
"Right on Through"
from "Rawk n' Roll"
(Small Stone Records)

Download free here: Right on Through

Buy albumn here: Napster

Song 2
Big B
"Million Miles"
from "More To Hate"
(Suburban Noize Records)

Download free here:
Million Miles

Buy track and albumn here iTunes Music Store

Last edited:

Jeebus

Likes Dirt
"Kinda like putting ya dick out in wind, waiting for someone to smack it"

I love these podcasts.

fark!
on itunes the 3rd ep. is excatly the same as the 2nd ep!!!!!!!!!!
it has a different title but its the same audio.

Last edited:

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Thanks Jeebus and villageidiot for alerting me to the fact that I f#cked up the xml for itunes. It's fixed and update. Kinda fitting for the technical issues show don't you think?

:)

Thanks again guys

Jeebus

Likes Dirt
nope problem, ever need anyhelp or anyone to listne to them before release to check for bugs or whatever. i would be glad to help.

so are else weekly, monthly, fortnightly or just when ever?

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on that. Any feedback suggestions from the show? How did you find the first interview, the Audio was a bit crap.

Jeebus

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on that. Any feedback suggestions from the show? How did you find the first interview, the Audio was a bit crap.
Some section we're quiter then some.
the photography interview was great, but people that arn't really into photography may have of gotten bored.

in itunes in the description of the podcast maybe say whats gunna be in the show, so non-farkiners have an idea whats gunna be on and you could put links in that to the songs used and etc.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
I agree. Some non photo people may get bored.
I think that may be the danger of podcasts, I can go into detail that you can't in other media (time constraints).

That is also the blessing.

When I talk to a frame designer for half and hour or a DJ builder for half and hour, there will be a section of the audience who isn't interested. Mountain Biking is so evolved nowadays that there are many niches that may not be of interest to others.

Good point about the itunes description, it's all kinda confusing doing it the backend, as there is about 5 different "description fields"=- and I don't alway know where they will end up. I'm getting my head around it and developing a template and will go back an infill the old ones with more info, in the correct boxes.

Plow King

Little bit.
I agree. Some non photo people may get bored.
I think that may be the danger of podcasts, I can go into detail that you can't in other media (time constraints).

That is also the blessing.

G'day.

Perhaps if you had different sections or chapters as you will.. It would allow the listeners to skip a section if they do not want to listen to a set section on something that does not interest them.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
G'day.

Perhaps if you had different sections or chapters as you will.. It would allow the listeners to skip a section if they do not want to listen to a set section on something that does not interest them.
Interesting thought. I remember hearing a podcast about podcasting (of all things) and there was a reason given why (I can't remember, maybe Random play would mess it up?)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
the photography tips section was pretty good, scratchy! a lot of good information there for the kids running around with P&S cameras, so well done with that!

keep up the good work, this is going really well

v1llage1d1ot

Likes Dirt
I have thoroughly enjoyed all three of the podcasts. Keep up the good work Scratchy. I'm not really into photography but I found the podcast really interesting. I think that it's better to be fully committed to the topic and go into a decent amount of detail rather than just gloss over things. I think the format works pretty well, the interviews are entertaining and the songs break it up nicely.

You're definitely improving with each episode. I look forward to the next one.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
...so are else weekly, monthly, fortnightly or just when ever?
That's a hard one that I've been dodging. As I figure out the technical issues it becomes easier to do the stuff that been taking the time. Kinda like asking someone who writes fiction, how often will they publish a novel.
I would like to aim at least monthly. Ideally fortnightly. Possibly weekly.

How's that?

Jeebus

Likes Dirt
That's a hard one that I've been dodging. As I figure out the technical issues it becomes easier to do the stuff that been taking the time. Kinda like asking someone who writes fiction, how often will they publish a novel.
I would like to aim at least monthly. Ideally fortnightly. Possibly weekly.

How's that?
IMO fortnighty is perfect. gives the listen a good time to listen to it.
and doesn't put as much pressure on you.
have you thought about people doing like race reports and forwarding them on to you?

scratchy

Farkin Activist
I would love people to, there is a link in my signature (the last one). Click on that, have a mic. and you can record a 2 minute message. (you can preview it as well so you make sure you get it right!).

Who's first?