tMTBs Ep 10 New Year Wishes, Johnny, Will Rischbieth and tour of the Karakorums

scratchy

Farkin Activist
tMTBs Ep 10 I dish out some season good cheer we talk advocacy and the road forward. Johnny, Will Rischbieth and Marty Krieg also join the show.

Listen here...

Advocacy:
This is why we fight.
It took years of going no where to realise that we had to pool together to lobby council. Kids getting $187 fines, residents taking videos and cops being called.
Basically sounds similar to Oxford Falls. A couple of years later we have the local council offering us this:

or from another angle if you don't believe it's good for DHing

This area is Downhill orientated, free ride perfect and with a train back to the top only a more frequent train service is stopping it becoming nirvana (we'll work on that later).
People will still try to block it, which is why we need people to send positive feedback supporting the plan to:
mountainbike@mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au

check out the whole plan here: http://www.mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=974

Send me my Christmas present by supporting it and forwarding on to other riders.
Feedback closes January 18th

Song:
The American Black Lung
"Behold the Mighty Galactus" (mp3)
from "Sudden Departure of Vultures"
Download for free here:
http://redirect2.iodalliance.com/do...DA7D526698AE698F71EE73D1659ABD49390952FF2A973
Buy the albumn here:
http://redirect2.iodalliance.com/bu...3A69DBAE9325C1AA1B9B91250C0A2CAE21FC8A002252

Last edited:

Viv92

Eats Squid
You sounded disappointingly nice johnny. :eek:

I was expecting much scarier.

No death metal next time though, please? (was that even death metal or am I just a wuss)

Last edited:

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
another good show,
i agree with Viv, i was expecting johnny to be scarier!

you need some aussie hiphop or something instead of death metal :)

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Thanks for the feedback guys, Viv92 and Tupper you may have caught me out, I was scraping the bottom of my barrel before looking for more MP3s to include with the show. I would love to include some Aussie Hip-Hop but if you know where I can get some legal stuff (as there are copyright issues with you downloading it on an MP3) then let me know.

Declan! You don't know Johnny? He's around 6,000 posts around here. I'm guessing you don't hang in the off topic section much?

Viv92 if you want scary I can interview Grip for you. That will put the fear of god into ya!

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Viv92 if you want scary I can interview Grip for you. That will put the fear of god into ya!
Do it! that would make my year.
Ask him to tell tales of how he bans people most of his life :D

And also with the copyrighted MP3 thing, your saying you cany play anything without artist agreeing to it?
or can you download of iTunes etc?

scratchy

Farkin Activist
And also with the copyrighted MP3 thing, your saying you cany play anything without artist agreeing to it?
or can you download of iTunes etc?
Exactly, you need the artist permission, otherwise the lawyers get called.

Stanas

Likes Bikes
Brainwave!! You want music. Some Farkers may want there music exposed. Why not use some of their music that they want to show to the world? Works well on both sides if you ask me.
Great show by the way Scratchy

Last edited:

Giantrider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aw johnny, you sounded a little soft, hiding behind your computer screen i built up an image of you like this.. Well something like that ;).

Well done scratchy on this episode, it has come along way from the first episode. I thought it was pretty average at first, 10 later its now a good show to listen to and i will subscribe to it. Dont know if you have done this but maybe a interview with Glen Jacobs.

This is oxford falls isn't it?

Advocacy:
This is why we fight.
It took years of going no where to realise that we had to pool together to lobby council. Kids getting $187 fines, residents taking videos and cops being called.
Basically sounds similar to Oxford Falls. A couple of years later we have the local council offering us this:

or from another angle if you don't believe it's good for DHing

This area is Downhill orientated, free ride perfect and with a train back to the top only a more frequent train service is stopping it becoming nirvana (we'll work on that later).
People will still try to block it, which is why we need people to send positive feedback supporting the plan to:
mountainbike@mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au

check out the whole plan here: http://www.mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=974

Send me my Christmas present by supporting it and forwarding on to other riders.
Feedback closes January 18th
I am confused if it is or if it isn't, dont know why?

Thanks for spending the time to create these shows, were loving it.
CHEERS Hamish

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Yes, sorry to clarify.

The area I'm talking about is Mitcham Council area in South Australia. We were facing the same problems as Oxford falls, the difference is we got organised.

Thanks for the feedback. Glen is on the hit list, so many interesting people to chat to in Oz.

Kane.

Likes Dirt
This Episode has made me want to get up and go fix tracks and get up off my ass instead sitting on my computer and sitting on farkin :p good listen scratchy.

starship303

Likes Dirt
Top work with reaching double figures Travis! I look forward to each episode more and more as the show gains more momentum.

Great to hear and read about the good work been done down on the SA trails. Oxford Falls has been an interesting discussion point for years now for Sydney riders. Looking at the recent related threads on Farkin regarding the Falls there are some good solid idea's starting to be raised, and fingers crossed there is some forward thinking action in the near future to secure this extremely popular little MTB paradise for future use.

In relation to music on your program, you've been doing well on that front IMO but have you tried approaching local acts that stream on www.myspace.com? There are hundreds of great young aussie groups in all genre's on myspace that struggle to get their independent material heard, with myspace being sometimes their only outlet, and many may be more than willing to pass on the material for your use in your show if you just drop them a line (especially if they see the download popularity and possible exposure of tMTBs). Also, if you need some assistance on this front let me know.

As for the reference to 'death metal' haha, um, no thats not death metal...far from it. Loved you dropping in Buckethead in the previous ep. too BTW. Nice stuff.

Cheers, & keep up the top work.