Thredbo Women's Weekend

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
looks like there will be a kiwi in the bunch this year now I just need confirmation of placement and it's all go fly ex chch to sydney then ex sydey to dunedin,

my mum flipped when she heard she was like go for it whoo

Im all excited now

oh n I will pack light I promise, I surely only need riding gear n a couple of sets of clothes...
:D :D :D :rolleyes:
Don't forget, February or not, pack some wet weather gear and especially warm gear. It can snow or hail heavily at that time of the year. :D

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
true this is mmm mountains mmm

any of u guys coming over JAn/Feb for the NZ nats or over summer to ride they opening up dirt park this year for a week or so

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
true this is mmm mountains mmm

any of u guys coming over JAn/Feb for the NZ nats or over summer to ride they opening up dirt park this year for a week or so
I wish! thatd be cool as, youl have to get us pics to show us what were missing!

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
not racing nats this year or champs bu might do a couple of on the days

It depends on how comfortable I feel on the bike jumping again fter my accident, if not I'll be there watching the girls rip it up in the south island rounds...

4 weeks till lift off bck on the DH rig n boostin it mmm I hope the knee holds up.. I must get back to the gym as well I need more core strength....

have a good one all
Yak

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
A kiwi is making the trek

whoo flights are booked

so guess it looks like Im headin over will be in and out of sydney in on 3oth out on 7th look sweet

really amped now

spot u guys ova there
YAK

Bethany

Likes Bikes
hey yak thats awesome!!! looks like i just gotta find a way to get us all in my car now! haha

Anyone know if seattle has good riding?

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
yeah but hey thats the cool thing about MTBing you have common ground

I went to London not knowing anyone the other year and made some of my best mates

mmm bring on summer

FYI it snowed here yesterday Iwas going to go for a ride but it was bloody freezing... the BF made me go up the hill to have a snowball fight though

anyways class time
YAK

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
Im booked too but u both knew that....

flights, insurance n the weekend all booked and payed for....:)

so who else is heading out for the weekend?

have a sweet one oh n Beth we need to arrange transport etc a bit better before I leave NZ hopefully catch u on msn soon
YAK

biken_barbie

Cannon Fodder
Is this going to be for me?

Hey girls

Im totally into a girls weekend of riding. Chix are usually super supportive of each other and it make for a cool day out on the hill.

But i've been riding for like 8 years, do a bit of DH racing and do alright; but my jumping really lets me down - so that i what I'd be looking for in this weekend - is to get some jumping skills.

It feels like this weekend may not be 100% for me - considering I live in Melb and have to haul my arse all the way to Thredbo for it...

Thoughts from anyone who has done it before? Instructors?

L

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
yeah

Im thinking tired might be on the cards I have zippo jump confidence after a bad crash but thats what the weekend is about ay....

oh n im hauling my ass from New Zealand for this ...... its going to be good

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Hey girls

Im totally into a girls weekend of riding. Chix are usually super supportive of each other and it make for a cool day out on the hill.

But i've been riding for like 8 years, do a bit of DH racing and do alright; but my jumping really lets me down - so that i what I'd be looking for in this weekend - is to get some jumping skills.

It feels like this weekend may not be 100% for me - considering I live in Melb and have to haul my arse all the way to Thredbo for it...

Thoughts from anyone who has done it before? Instructors?

L
I have never been - this will be my first time - but on their website it says it's for riders of all skills. This is what they say,

"For the more experienced riders, including those who have already ridden the Cannonball, this is a perfect chance to learn new skills and improve your existing ones in a non-competitive environment. The Terrain Park, Fun Box & Wall Ride offer challenges to riders of all levels and are the perfect place to improve your drops, get an introduction to jumping, and test your balance all under the expert instruction of Raw NRG staff"

So by the sounds of things you would get a chance to improve your skills in jumping... But I'm just going off what their website says.

Maybe Fi can shed some light?

Fi

Chocolate Foot
So by the sounds of things you would get a chance to improve your skills in jumping... But I'm just going off what their website says.

Maybe Fi can shed some light?
Sorry, I haven't been involved in this since the first one in 2004. What I would suggest is that you ring Raw NRG, get the name of the person who is coordinating the weekend and speak to them directly about how the weekend will be structured. Let them know what you want to get out of the weekend. In the first year, I asked ppl to fill out a form prior to the weekend outlining what they wanted to learn/achieve. I don't know if they are still doing that - but I think it's important for the coordinator/instructors to know what your expectations for the weekend are and they can then structure the weekend accordingly.

Look forward to hearing how it goes!

Fi

biken_barbie

Cannon Fodder
Thanks folks

thanks for the advise Fi; i'll give em a buzz when i get back to Aus.

I'm in NZ at the mo been mountain biking my way around the country. So much fun! Can thoroughly recommend road trip through NZ with mtb in the back of the car, so much single track. :)

Might see you all in thredders.

L.

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
hey bken barbie where in Nz are u Im NZ based.....

in dunedin but travel to wanaka, queenstown nasbey and the north island riding