Hmmm maybe I should come over for it

could make a good Birthday pressie

where in aussie is it eg: where in NSW is closet to fly to from NZ

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Hmmm maybe I should come over for it

could make a good Birthday pressie

where in aussie is it eg: where in NSW is closet to fly to from NZ
Um, you could fly to Sydney, and then fly to Canberra... (I don't think you can fly directly to Canberra from NZ). Then, it is about 2.5 hours drive from Canberra to Thredbo, but there are coaches like this one (http://www.mountainpass.com.au/Home.html) that you can go on, if you don't want to hire a car. Or, you could hitch a lift with one of us girls leaving from Sydney if anyone has any room!!! :confused:

Bethany

Likes Bikes
hey

has anyone actually payed for it yet?

oh and yakinaway itd be best to catch a lift with someone or get a direct flight cause the coach up there is heaps expensive and the flight to canberra wouldnt be much better... I could maybe take you... Kinda depends cause im takin Mandy so thats already 2 bikes and gear.

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
sweet yeah the idea is growing on me more n more each day where u at bethany

Im going to have look at flights soon but not going to book anything till I def got a ride

will have to bring the SC too (although it a bullet with 160mm travel so might be ok) the DH rig is too heavy to fly :(

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Yeah there's no info on their site as to how/when pay and register. Last time they had a form you had to print off and complete, but there's nothing like that at the moment, so I've just been checking weekly hoping that they'll put it up soon!!

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
Yeah there's no info on their site as to how/when pay and register. Last time they had a form you had to print off and complete, but there's nothing like that at the moment, so I've just been checking weekly hoping that they'll put it up soon!!
Actually Colin's away at present so don't hold your breath. I will call soon and talk to him about it. Let you know when I get onto him.:)

Mandy

Likes Bikes
Hey all!

i am back hsc is over! Wooo! Anyway raw nrg is supposed to be updating their site so you can pay and book online. I havnt checked it yet been studying too much! I finally sold my car so i just need to get my full face and pay for this and i am done!!!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
sweet yeah the idea is growing on me more n more each day where u at bethany

Im going to have look at flights soon but not going to book anything till I def got a ride

will have to bring the SC too (although it a bullet with 160mm travel so might be ok) the DH rig is too heavy to fly :(
Check out Virgin ... I think they have a 32kg max per piece of sporting equipment, and your bike counts for 5kg of your total 20kg. Although the Bullet would be fine for Thredbo, good for trail riding there too.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Col should be back today so drop him a line over the next few days and he'll be able to get you up to date.

yakinAway your Bullet will be more than enough. My wife rides her 6" 98 FSR without any problems and she's only been riding for just over a year.

Bethany

Likes Bikes
i live in Blue Mountains so an hour west of Sydney.

Just checked online and an add i found. Virgin doesnt say how heavy your bike can be. Just that itll act as 5kgs of your overall weight.

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
yeah looks sweet

will be round NZ 300 for flights + the trip etc so mayb 1000 NZ all up (not too bad) will have a look at the finances n gt back to you all, anyone got any room from Sydney

Bethany

Likes Bikes
i have a forrester and am taking Mandy.. so i think id have room? Ill see about roof racks but i think we would fit without em. Just take some creative packing right?

stinkygirl

Cannon Fodder
Thredders weekend

Hi All,
I've been to the last 2 women's weekends at Thredders and they are great fun.
It's supposed to be for all skills but I found that they mostly cater for the beginner. The second year around I spent most of the time with one other girl who was exactly at my level and we left the group quite a bit. Both years there have been a couple of girls that really had no riding exp off road and they ended up giving up after the first run.
All in all though it's a great weekend and you really get a chance to improve your skills which is always a good thing!!!

Al

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
whooo

looks like there will be a kiwi in the bunch this year now I just need confirmation of placement and it's all go fly ex chch to sydney then ex sydey to dunedin,

my mum flipped when she heard she was like go for it whoo

Im all excited now

oh n I will pack light I promise, I surely only need riding gear n a couple of sets of clothes...
:D :D :D :rolleyes:

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
Yeh even if a person + bike doesn't fit Beth, we might be able to fit another bike... I'm sure we can all work it out!!