Thredbo trip Jan

Delbs

Likes Dirt
Hey Everyone,

A few mates and i are looking at staying up at Thredbo for 1 night over the 28th-29th weekend in Jan this year. Probably stay in one of the 2 room lodges in Thredbo village its self and have a 2 day lift pass along with all our own gear. Shouldn't be too exp because of bringing all our own gear and bikes etc.

Anyone have any experience with the accommodation? recommend anywhere near by better or is the accommo in the village pretty good?

If anyone knows where the pub and diner style cafe is upstairs then were looking at staying around there as we just want to ride down in the morning straight to the chair lift. Don't want to have to drive once we have arrived.

Also anyone heading up there for riding that weekend? should be rad with a few mates to just hit the chair lift all day :) cant wait haven't been to Thredbo for a few years

Cheers

frizla

Likes Bikes
hey mate been there a few times in the past few years and stayed at a number of different places. I personally reckon river inn is the best of the lot we've stayed at. 119 bucks a night for a doulbe room is super cheap with breakfast included plus they have a big room where you can lock up your bikes (this has a card key entry only, quite secure). It also has a bavarian beer hall!!!!!! and restaurant. Its about 3 minutes ride to the chairlift. we always take a bag with drinks and a multi tool and just leave it at the bottom of the chairlift where the tables are. no one in 5 times of going to thredbo has ever touched our bag. another option if you are going with quite a few people for a few days is to rent a chalet which we did one year (wintergreen 8). there was 8 of us and this worked out pretty cheap and was close to the track as well. the chalet was massive and had an icy stream in the backyard!
i hope this helps . have fun the track at the moment is running bloody awesome with some new jumps.

Delbs

Likes Dirt
Awesome thanks for the info will look into that accomo. The Beer hall sounds rad for a night time drink or two before another big day or trails :)

Yeah i dont have proper numbers yet so im still not 100% if we should get group accomo or single rooms. I'm interested in the secure garage for bikes for peace of mind.

Since HD helmet cams seem to be the latest craze i have seen a few runs of Thredbo with these new jumps and looks awesome, cant wait to try them out

Thanks for the info, any more would be much appreciated.

Also just seen that other post about continuous riding for 8 hours per day for the month of Jan, good timing id say!!

Cheers,
Delbs

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alpine appartments for the win!!!

$220 dollars a night gets you a two bedroom appartment that sleeps 5-6 easily! It also has stay 2nights get the 3rd free(usually starts around 10th of Jan)

Its the closest place to the lift and you dont have to push your bike back up the hill after riding!

Last edited:

geeba

Likes Bikes
good accomodation

boali lodge was really good, awesome food, packed lunches, hot tub, very close to the lifts friendly hosts, good price
worth checking out,

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
You can camp ten minutes down the road at the Diggings or Nigaroes or whatever it's called. River to swim in, and it's free, can keep beers cold too.