THREDBO CANNONBALL DH TRIP>>>>>

MadMatt

The MiniMan
Ok,,,here`s the good oil--->

looks like early saturday morning,April the 3rd we leave ...& get back sunday april the 11th.

how`s that sound to whoever is wanting to come???.

leaves us with about 2 days travel down there, 4 days solid DH ridin & about 2 to 3 days (take it easy maybe have a surf etc) on the way back.

there`s some school boy racing thing happening a couple of weeks before & another one a couple of weeks after ose dates so we`ll end up in the middle of them both & hopfully not too many people in the way.

I`m ready to book it, so if anyone has any dramas with the dates,,,then tell me now...i won`t book it till we have the people right to go...Stew & me & right,,,Jess...Dj...laconic-Trojan(Andrew) & anyone else who`s interested??????????????????????????????????????????????????

let me know if you have a better date or a problem with these dates etc...

Oky-Doky???

Jess_Dawg

Likes Dirt
sounds good matt, i'm pretty sure i'll be in. just gotta get some money together hehe, and a note i'll be taking 2 bikes if thats going to be a problem. let me know .

MadMatt

The MiniMan
cool as mate...we were thinking the very same thing mate,...figured that if we bust one then thrdbo might chrage like a wounded bull for spares, so Stew`s going to bring his spare.

we can fit heaps of bikes ..probably take 5 or 6 people & 8 or 9 bikes easy=peasy.

just have to get Dj & laconic-trojan orgaised & we`re sweet.

OZRACER89

Cannon Fodder
Hi Matt
I'm in ,i made it to the both of them.I should be in to 4 the trip too as u already know. Can't get to message u on mtbdirt yet must have to wait 4 a reply.

MadMatt

The MiniMan
Good one Stew,,,you made it!!!

Do`nt know what the deal is with mtbdirt tho,,,you should be in there ok too.

ah well,,,maybe they heard you were commin & locked the door. :)

see you tomorrow ,

OZRACER89

Cannon Fodder
Yeh tryed again but it said that our email address was already in there,so it looks like i have to wait 24hrs 4 a reply.I can get in but can't reply to anything.

laconic_trojan

Likes Bikes
Hey Matt. I'm up for the trip and can get an extra guy if necessary. So yeah, are there shuttles up for this weekend... hope so, count me in.

MadMatt

The MiniMan
Hi Andy,,,so you`re in the Thredbo thing "FOR SURE"???...cause we have a few more wanting to come & if they all want to then we`ll need another car to take the extra people, i`ve got no dramas with that, cause the more the merrier i reckon, just a bit more prep & organisation needed,,,

& shuttles this weekend may not be a go,,,i have a heap of mini repairs to do & running out of time + there`s a MtbDirt.com Gap creek get together ride/fotty/frizby/picnic thing happening on the sunday that me & Stew were going to go to.

if i get all this mini work done before saturday then yeah shuttles on saturday morn for sure, but i`ll post up again about it maybe friday.

cheers mate,

kranked

Likes Dirt
i'm very interested, i heard from Jess, just need to check on money, but i will be in touch.

sounds like it should be madFun.

MadMatt

The MiniMan
No worries Kranked,,,Jess said he`d probably have a mate come along,,,

we`ve got 3 absolute definates

"(Me Stew & DJ)",,,booked & totally there!!!!!!!!

so the 2 more or at most 3 more would be good,,,Andy(LaconicTrojan) has just got to work out his uni sked-jule & jess & you make it 6...that`s plenty,,,anymore & we`ll be pretty dam phat & totally full with shit & would need another car to carry people so it geats real messy.

kranked

Likes Dirt
sweet, i'm deffering this year so thats no probs for me, just need to check moneywise.

r we gonna stay in the cheapest accomodation, how much do u think its gonna be total. IF u could give me full details that would be great.

cheerze

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
We just came back from thredbo a couple of weeks ago. We had 6 off us stay for 7 nights in a delux self contained apartment near the golf course. Had a 120cm rear projection TV, dvd player etc perfect for watching mtb movies. Cost $2000 total, which is only about $330 each. If you want cheap cheap accomidation best of staying in jindabinye and driving in everyday.

I hope they spend some time fixing the course. Every corner had braking ruts in it :x

MadMatt

The MiniMan
yeah....was that just the cost of the accomodation tho???

we`re planning to stay in the camping grounds about 6kms down the road from Thredbo, on the river & we have sink, stove, hot water shower, TV, radio, etc,,,& camping fees are included in the Nat parks entrance fees :)

Total cost for the trip inc all food, fuel, camping, RAWNRG lift tickets/pass, intiation etc etc etc is looking to be around the $600 each person mark...pay for your own drinks & stuff tho.

& there might be a couple of pub accomodations on the way down & on the way back but they`re usually only about $20 each,,,& that all depends on where we make it to each night /day we travel,,,i di a trip to race in targa Tasmania rally & we did virtually the same thing,,,i`m not fussed at the speed we go,,,i`d rather just potter along at about 90kms per hour cause it saves heaps of juice,,,if we sit on 110kms per hour, the monster truck starts to chew it pretty quickly.

& we could stop & have a surf each way to :)

You will just need to bring the bucks,,,your bike & protective gear, some spares & you swag,sleeping bag,matress whatever & some clothes/towels & toothbrush...i`ll supply the toot paper tarps,poles ropes & all the plates & cuttlery which is allready in the campervan/monster truck (enough in there for 10 people) but we`re only wanting 5 or 6 tops.

the stove is a 4 burner with large grille & big oven , we could do a roast dinner easy-peasy & we also have 300 lires of water tanks underneath between the chassis rails on tap....there`s toilets at the cam site & we have the hot water shower in the truck.

ok???

anymore info needed???

kranked

Likes Dirt
that sounds good so ur supplying the camping stuff, i just need a matress. cool

staying in jindabyne is an option for cheap accomo.

hopefully i have the money buy the time we go.

thanks, i'll keep in touch.

MadMatt

The MiniMan
yeah,,,,we have pretty well all you need but your bedding/clothes & toothbrush,,,no "normal" Home type matresses tho,,,to much bulk.

& you can`t get any cheaper accom than zero/naught/zip $ hey? & in style with the monster truck motorhome too :)

wait till you see this "house on wheels",,,it`s truely a home away from home.

i`m only asking for interested parties & at the moment we have quite a few,,,probably 10 people all up,,,but they`re all not "definate",,,so if/when some of em pull out, then we should have some back up people ready to jump in...if you know what i mean...if we get too many people to fit in the truck & another car is needed then so be it,,,but it will become more expensive for all concerned & also a bit messy with 2 vehicles & people going wrong ways & not keeping up & wanting to do different things etc etc etc,,,

anyways,,,if you`re keen,,,then sort your self out & be ready to go go go...

:)

kranked

Likes Dirt
no probs, i'll see what i can do, unfortunitely coz ive only heard of this now, i'll probably be a last minute person so

if u are full then its cool but if u have room for anohter at the last moment, it could be me.

cheerze.