This goes with that - SRAM 10sp rear derailleurs

carpetrunner

Likes Dirt
good afternoon team,

I have a 10sp SRAM XX rear derailleur with exact actuation that will go up to 36t cassette.
Shimano have just released 11-42 and 11-46 10sp cassettes (bastards),
I can't see any extender cages that will fit my vintage XX mech :(

SRAM have just released an NX derailleur for 2x10 but it only goes to 36t(bastards)
and I can see a garbaruk extender cage that says it fits NX but I think they mean 11sp.

so, does anyone know if the garbaruk SRAM cage will fit on the 2x10 NX derailleur body?
Did the cage-body interface change much from 10sp(exact) to 11sp(x-actuation)?

and...
SRAM just released an 8sp ebike derailleur that goes up to 42t and has 1:1 pull ratio(bastards)
But it is not described as "exact" which I though was also 1:1?
Any ideas if this ebike derailleur will work with good old 10sp (I will change the jockeys).

thanks,
Carpetrunner

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Force 1. 42T-compatible MTB geometry with 10-sp. actuation ratio (SRAM road shares "Exact" actuation - 1.3:1 - with MTB 10-sp.)

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Your SRAM derailleur will take the 11-42 without an issue (my experience). I haven't tried it with a larger cassette.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have the same era X01 on my CX bike, 10spd with 11-42 cassette.
Runs with SRAM road S700 hydro levers.

rstim

Likes Dirt
I've run a sunrace 11-42 cassette with a 10spd X9 derailleur no problems, can't see why it wouldn't work.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
good afternoon team,

I have a 10sp SRAM XX rear derailleur with exact actuation that will go up to 36t cassette.
Shimano have just released 11-42 and 11-46 10sp cassettes (bastards),
I can't see any extender cages that will fit my vintage XX mech :(

SRAM have just released an NX derailleur for 2x10 but it only goes to 36t(bastards)
and I can see a garbaruk extender cage that says it fits NX but I think they mean 11sp.

so, does anyone know if the garbaruk SRAM cage will fit on the 2x10 NX derailleur body?
Did the cage-body interface change much from 10sp(exact) to 11sp(x-actuation)?

and...
SRAM just released an 8sp ebike derailleur that goes up to 42t and has 1:1 pull ratio(bastards)
But it is not described as "exact" which I though was also 1:1?
Any ideas if this ebike derailleur will work with good old 10sp (I will change the jockeys).

thanks,
Carpetrunner
8 speed derailleur shouldn’t work with 10 speed, got a link to the sram 8 speed