The You Yangs Thread

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I should be there. Waiting on confirmation from the mate who's trek I sorted out this week.

Probably will only venture as far as Junction track from the plantation side though as he's been off the bike for a couple of years.

EDIT: will be there in the afternoon.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
But you made excuses last week :(
Who else is local? @fjohn860? We hope to be there around 12. Should be mint after this rain.
Mate, I haven't ridden for 2 months and you've been doing massive amounts of training - I would be nothing but the anchor to your speedboat at the moment regardless! Hoping to get back on the bike tomorrow morning for some bike path spinning and see how my guts feel after that, then hopefully back on the milder trails next weekend.

moorey

call me Mia
Mate, I haven't ridden for 2 months and you've been doing massive amounts of training - I would be nothing but the anchor to your speedboat at the moment regardless! Hoping to get back on the bike tomorrow morning for some bike path spinning and see how my guts feel after that, then hopefully back on the milder trails next weekend.
Just stirring mate. Get back on the horse and we will ride when the time is right. Will be good to put a face to a name.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
@moorey I'll be out there, but from about 2pm onwards.

Old mate with the trek hasn't ridden for at least 2yrs so will most likely be plantation side Still it is probably the best thing for my munted finger.

And I'm in the same boat as @beeb, I'd just be a massive wheezy ocean-going anchor as I've been off the bike for about the same amount of time.

Lots of marine talk

moorey

call me Mia
@moorey I'll be out there, but from about 2pm onwards.

Old mate with the trek hasn't ridden for at least 2yrs so will most likely be plantation side Still it is probably the best thing for my munted finger.

And I'm in the same boat as @beeb, I'd just be a massive wheezy ocean-going anchor as I've been off the bike for about the same amount of time.

Lots of marine talk
At least you didn’t use seman as an excuse.
We will mix it up. Probably only get 2-3h out there, but will head over that side towards the end and see if I can eyeball you. That’s you in your profile pic? Shouldn’t be hard to spot.
Remind me what you’re riding?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
At least you didn’t use seman as an excuse.
We will mix it up. Probably only get 2-3h out there, but will head over that side towards the end and see if I can eyeball you. That’s you in your profile pic? Shouldn’t be hard to spot.
Remind me what you’re riding?
Yeah that's me alright.

Just look for the feather sticking out of my helmet

Black/blue transition smuggler.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Nice. Almost bought one recently. Planned to see how it would mullet. Seller seemed like a douche unfortunately.
That's on my list of things to try out with it. Though the main reason for the 27.5 rear in my case is to offset the longer shock I plan to use.

The 27.5 wheel will bring the geo back to pretty close to factory.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Where's home? I'm in Geelong and it's eased off. Should be nice and grippy tomorrow.
Lara. Rained this morning from 730-1100, stopped, then started again at 1230. Has been consistent since then.

Not super heavy, but very consistent. It will be interesting to see if they do close it...