QLD The Queensland Chainless Championships (attempt No. 2)

lindsay

Likes Dirt
That's right! Tired of hearing all those excuses by slower riders that they would have beaten you IF they were fitter. Or are you just sick of pedalling at so called "downhill" races. Well now's your time to shine. Get out the chainbreaker/boltcutters* to remove that pesky thing that just makes riding hard and enter!

For The Riders, SRAM, Venture Cycles, NS Dynamics and Santa Cruz bring you the Queendland State Chainless Championships on the 30 January at the renowned Kenilworth downhill track. Entries are limited to 100 riders so get in quick! If you have already entered there's no need to enter again.

It will run the same as any other downhill race with practice in the moring and race in the afternoon. However you will get two race runs, the fastest will be taken as your time.

The organisers are after volunteers to be marshels, supply 4WD shuttle vehicles and drive. If you can provide one or the other or even all contact Liam on 0409 136 435. Drivers will be paid and vehicles owners will have all expenses covered plus extras. Those that volunteer to help go into the draw to WIN a brand new Santa Cruz Jackal frame thanks to Santa Cruz!

You can enter now here.

*All entries recieve a free powerlink from SRAM so you can rejoin your chain good and proper after the event. Rotorburn does not recommend using boltcutters to remove your chain.

Last edited:

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Sweet, glad to see its back on :D
Are our entries into the the first time round still valid or were refunds done?

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Please tell me there is going to be a victorian chainless comp.

OR are the entries open nation wide?

bogada

Likes Dirt
I'm sure that anybody is eligible to enter.

QUOTE=PSYCHO-T;2304489]Please tell me there is going to be a victorian chainless comp

OR are the entries open nation wide?[/QUOTE]

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would there be practise on the saturday like in the sunshine series or seeing as it's a one off race would it only be the sunday?

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Practice is only on the sunday morning before the race in the afternoon. It's just a fun idea for a race and not meant to be taken too seriously.

If you have already entered there's no need to enter again.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When will we know if it's cancelled or not? Just with all this rain we have had and are predicted to have for a little more yet.

Lugh

Squid
If this is still going ahead, are you still in need of shuttle vehicles and drivers? I may be free that weekend and have a 4wd wagon to take riders. I shuttled at Kenilworth a couple of years ago, and at Upper Brookfield.

bikeman102

Likes Dirt
so do we race in the categories we entered in or do we have to change? as i am moving up to u19 this year and entered as u17 for last year

Doggy

Inconceivable!
chainless kayaks....sweeeeet
Might need some seat padding in the kayak for the last big gap though. Could be a rough landing if casing

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
an updatewould be great, and I am assuming my rego from the first one has crossed over to this one and there is no need for me to re register?

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
an updatewould be great, and I am assuming my rego from the first one has crossed over to this one and there is no need for me to re register?
Sor but my edit post button is not there, Who do we contact about helping out on the day? My mum may be able to help on canteen.