The 'po.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Missed out on Harcourt unfortunately. For another day...

I have ridden Anglesea most recently for the first time and I think I'm starting to get a hang of this thing a bit more.

The longer rear end is still taking some getting used to, but it's coming along nicely.

Still not quite getting the front grip I was used to, but it's a lot better. Might just drop the stem 5-10mm and see how that goes.

I've also ordered the 140mm linkage. I figure in going to have this for a long time so going to have a play.

The 140mm linkage with the 65mm stroke gives 150mm travel and you need the 60mm stroke to get it to 140mm. I've got the original Float X2 that came with it getting reduced by Cyclinic at the moment. It's not a change that'll happen in the short term, but I'll give it a crack eventually.

wkkie

Immediate changes will be putting the new matchy, matchy rotors on (thanks @beeb), getting my rear brake back (XT lever on Zee caliper) and no doubt I'll have to lengthen the hose. But more importantly changing out the 2.5 DHF on the rear.

I'm going to put on a 2.4 DHR2. The 2.5 is cutting it too close for clearance. The rocks that get caught in the tread are leaving some scars and when I'm putting the power down in a hard sprint I'm getting some flex onto the stays as well, which I'm really not liking at all.

Overall though I'm happy so far and almost got the changing down pat. Just need more time to actually ride it!

wkkie

A bit of an update here. There's been a few changes since the initial post.

Suntour Durolux RC2, 150mm
Fox Factory Float X2 (230 X 60)
Trail link (giving 140mm travel with the 60 shock)
2.4 Maxxis DHR2 out back.

Since the Z1 coil was off getting some attention, I turned everything to the 140mm trail version and air suspension front and back replacing the coil.

For the majority of riding this setup will suit better. Snappier handling and pedaling and the 140mm travel didn't seem to be overwhelmed.

The 150mm fork dropped the front end about 10mm from the 170mm Z1 which has put some more weight over the front end and got rid of the vagueness of the steering at times.

There's still 1 more setup to try which will be the Marzocchi CR coil out back with the trail link which will give it 150mm travel out back.

The box seems to be loosening up a bit and shifting more easily. I'm getting more proficient with the shifting and it's intricacies as well. Really enjoying the box!

I do really need to do something with the white all over the forks as well!

IMG_20210324_162231_copy_2052x2736.jpg

IMG_20210324_153540_copy_1368x1824.jpg
IMG_20210324_153528_copy_1824x1368.jpg
IMG_20210324_153552_copy_1368x1824.jpg

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So , the Suntour Fork is a Good 'un ?

I am in need of an upgrade / new - i remember you rating it and being a " Robust " build i am curious if its worth the change - keeping in mind my fork is probably truly worn out after almost 5000km of hell !

Any input welcomed

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bearing in mind I've had the Lyrik RC2 and RCT3, and Pike RC in the past and I have the Durolux RC2 36 in 160mm and 170mm configuration AND the Lyrik with the HC97 damper from Push.

The Durolux is plush, supple, supportive and adjustable.

It's also stiff laterally and torsionally.
Is it as nice as the HC97? No, but then the price is well below that too.
I've been thoroughly happy with them, especially at the price, not because of it.

Just remember the A2C is higher than Fox and Rockshox by about 10mm or so. If you plan on getting 160mm travel, you'd need a 150mm version which might not be what you're after.

It's a pity you're not local to me as it would help for you to have a bounce on them.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah , thats great info ! Thanks

Wiggle have the 170mm for a Super price - but that would make it an effective 180mm fork - which is prob overforked for me .

Im not a free rider cutting sick lines - more an ageing unco roly poly man !

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Wiggle have the 170mm for a Super price - but that would make it an effective 180mm fork - which is prob overforked for me .

I'd add that I'm as happy with them, perhaps even happier than I was with the Lyrik RC2. That was nice but certainly not significantly better.

Make the right choice on airshaft as getting them from the US might be time and $$$

wkkie

So , the Suntour Fork is a Good 'un ?

I am in need of an upgrade / new - i remember you rating it and being a " Robust " build i am curious if its worth the change - keeping in mind my fork is probably truly worn out after almost 5000km of hell !

Any input welcomed
It is a good 'un. I'm yet to even run it in, but I'm already liking it better than the last version I had which was the R2C2 with the noisy damper.

I think @The Reverend summed it up nicely.

Not sure if they're still going for the good price direct from North America, but it's worth a look.

Just keep in mind the extra 10mm axle to crown that's also been mentioned a few places on here. If you can live with that it's excellent!

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid

Looking at the Wiggle one it's The RC2 so internally adjustable with spacers, 5 min job to reduce the travel. At that price I wish I still had a 27.5 bike.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Be sure that's the case with them. I've the RC2 models and it needs a new airshaft for travel reduction. Earlier models don't and use the spacers apparently..

wkkie

Be sure that's the case with them. I've the RC2 models and it needs a new airshaft for travel reduction. Earlier models don't and use the spacers apparently..
The new Equalizer with PCS air shaft can't do the travel adjustments with the spacers anymore. It was the previous model, the one Wiggle is seeking, that you can use the spacers to change the travel.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

Wow - looks like an amazing price. Def worth it at that price and as others have said, looks like the previous gen model that can be adjusted internally with no additional cost. I also have that one (in 29”) and rate it

wkkie

I found the sweet setup for me now.

150mm coil out back with the trail link and 230 X 65 Marzocchi CR. And 160mm Marzocchi Z1 coil up front.

It's also quieter for longer now. I've given the belt a second coating of silicon spray about 10 rides ago and haven't heard a peep since. Maybe the belt had a bit of a factory coating that needed to wear in.

Very happy all up. Going to experiment with a shorter stem and that's it. (For now... :p)

Real life use, grubby bike photos attached.